Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Born to be a mother?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Did you always think that you were born to be a mother? Do you think that instinctive belief is necessary to be a good mother?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I think most are born with that instinct to reproduce and mother a child. We are after all animals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I agree that when the time comes we instinctively know what to do, but I think that a lot of us are naturally more nurturing and yearn for motherhood more than others, you know?

Quoting lowencope:

I think most are born with that instinct to reproduce and mother a child. We are after all animals.
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I was not born to be a mother but I am so I do my best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I was born to be a mother...mommy of 7 hopefully one more.
jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

No, not at all. I think instinct is a big part of it, but not the only part. 

lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
True that's why I say most

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree that when the time comes we instinctively know what to do, but I think that a lot of us are naturally more nurturing and yearn for motherhood more than others, you know?

Quoting lowencope:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I agree. For instance with me everything comes naturally and easy, I've wanted to be a mother since as far back as I can remember...now my cousin...while she loved her son she was definitely not born to be a mother. It's very easy to see that she has to force that maternal instinct and bond with him.
Some of us are just not meant to be moms but end up as one anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lowencope:

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jun. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I definitly have a huge motherly instinct. My sister on te other hand...... I pray she doesn't have children for a long long time or not at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Not even close. I hated babies and kids my entire life, I thought having one would be a fate worse than death. Seriously, I could not have imagined a worse possible thing happening to me than getting pregnant. At least until I met my husband, and then we moved in together, and then we got married, and bought a house, and somehow through all of that I gradually started thinking that maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and maybe someday we might have a baby maybe, and that eventually turned into active desire to have one and be a mother. Now we're on our second, and not to toot my own horn or anything but I think I'm a decent mother. Our oldest is happy, healthy, smart, well cared for, and the love of my life, and I'm very excited about our next one (also planned) as well.

Some aspects of motherhood have come easily to me, such as insane love for my child and an overwhelming instinct to protect her and do the best I can for her, and others I am still working on, especially patience and understanding the emotional and cognitive development of children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Not me. I didn't even want kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)