Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of breaking up with unemotional BF

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My bf and I been together for 3 and 1/2 years. I'm very emotional & affectionate and he's the total opposite. I didn't care much in the beginning since we were friends and I feel like I'm the one who convinced him into this relationship even though he says you followed first then I went after...

I love my BF very much and I know that he loves me too. He has ALL the qualities that I want in a guy minus the affection/ emotion. It's gotten so bad that I feel like he sees me more as a friend than a GF. He treats me like one of his "boys" he hates being touched, don't ever approach to have sex first, he thinks being romantic is stupid and fake...

He has gotten way too comfortable with me. I never met a guy that hates being touched and loved, and SO unromantic! He behaves like a guy from the 50s!!

Is he not that into me or are there guys out there that are really clueless when it comes to romance?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IansMommy2012
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
so break up with him
kagegirl
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM

When SO and I first got together, he told me, I don't do PDA, yadda. I told him, get over it, I am very touchy feely. After he while, he did. But later, he told me it was because it was what he wanted, he just didn't know how to express it.l It sounds to me like your BF still doesn't know how to express it, but if you have talked to him about it and it still doesn't make a dent, it is time to move on.

misbishy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
My bf is the same way. He loved it the first couple months, then it wore off I guess lol. I guess they need to be taught how to be romantic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Well you started as friends and maybe he didnt think he had to transition into romance mode?

If having sex with you doesn't change his emotions towards you, then I dont think he'll change... He seems emotionally stunted in the relationship area...
julainepw
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Mines not the most emotional guy either. He does like when I touch him and always kisses me and the baby good bye even before we are awake. Have you tried talking to him about it? He doesn't sound like a bad guy. No one guy will be perfect so you have to decide if this is a "flaw" you can live with or not. Good luck with your decision.
Megan11587
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I am like that. It doesnt mean I do not love my husband.
dudestfd
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM

NO, sweet pea guys in their 50's are hands on;) ... More like a guy in his 30's who has not hit his second whim yet.  I am sorry he is acting this way, my dh is the same way. It sucks... bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)