Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions? help please.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ok so, June 22nd should have been my due date with my DD Brooklynn but sadly i miscarried. :(
Well, I've decided that instead of just sitting around the house depressed on the 22nd id have a party with my family to celebrate my little angel. But ideas on things to do ?? Any ideas at all honestly.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your loss. 

AngelNecole
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Thank you <3

Quoting jojo_star:

I'm sorry for your loss. 

3kidz123
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry for your loss!

ohyouknow
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I think that is a great idea. 

Tissues, lots of tissues. 

And cake.

Trying to be supportive, really. I think it's wonderful you are finding a constructive way to deal with your loss, and able to share this with your relatives to memorialize that she was a soul lost too soon, and that she is just as important and loved.

AngelNecole
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Thanks <3

Quoting 3kidz123:

Sorry for your loss!

AngelNecole
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Thank you for the kind words !!
Most of my family is supportive and the people on Brooklynn's fb account we made are as well.IIt's nice to know i have people who'll be there for me on that day.

Quoting ohyouknow:

I think that is a great idea. 

Tissues, lots of tissues. 

And cake.

Trying to be supportive, really. I think it's wonderful you are finding a constructive way to deal with your loss, and able to share this with your relatives to memorialize that she was a soul lost too soon, and that she is just as important and loved.

casseopeia
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

You could tie a message to your daughter to a balloon and have a ceremony, then release it.

Floating lanterns on the ocean or a lake are also nice, or prayer paper (usually available at Asian markets).

There are all kinds of alter ceremonies that you can do depending on your beliefs.  My SO is Catholic, so he always lights candles and says a prayer for people who have passed.

Personally I like the healing circles practiced by Wiccans and Pagans.  It's very supportive, very communal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)