Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunburn! Help!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have super sensitive skin and most sunscreens give a terrible rash and make my skin burn. I have found one sunscreen that doesn't make me itch and burn....but apparently it doesn't work very well! I was out at the baseball field for 7 hours, applied twice...and this is what I got! Any suggestions?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwifey11
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Soak a paper towel in ACV. Apply to skin, reapplying when the paper towel is warm or dry. Do this all over. Then apply aloe. Repeat as needed.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Slice potatoes thinly and lay them on your skin, also a good idea to cool them in the fridge first. 

SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Ouch! Apply Aloe Vera
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

drink lts and lots of water. take Tylenol if it hurting. Make a pot of tea let it cool soak clothes in at and lay them on the burn. OUCH  that looks so painful.

IndigoRose
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Cool baking soda bath.  And, stay out of the sun or apply a maximum sunscreen.  Someone like you should never get sun exposure!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Use an umbrella next time.

JulesFairy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Milk of magnesia. Put it in the fridge until it becomes like a lotion. Apply it. Let it dry. And then repeat as neccessary. It usually works best on the day of the initial burn and doing it overnight.
Also, cold wet towels or cold showers. Get the heat out of your skin.
SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

You need to try blue lizard sunscreen.  It was recommended by my dermatologist.  I've used it on my DS since he was born.  They have a line for kids and for adults.  We bought ours at CVS but i'm sure you can get it other places as well.

They make an excellent sensitive skin formula.

casseopeia
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Make some oatmeal and strain it.  Chill the liquid, then apply to your skin.  You can also mix in a bit of honey.  Aloe works pretty well too, but if you have sensitive skin, the fragrances in commercial aloe might make things worse.

I use oatmeal for myself mostly and I have very sensative skin.

Then go out and get a big hat and a lightweight cotton shirt with long sleeves for the next time.  It is far better to cover your skin than wear all that crap anyway.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Noxema. It's a face wash, but it will take the burn away instantly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)