Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ended up in Labor and delivery last night

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
My stomach felt like it was being torn apart from the inside. It got really bad so we went in to be checked out. I am 1cm dilated and was having contractions. I have a bruise on my stomach and had no idea where it came frome. She said that with the way my stomach is growing it can happen sometimes. Never heard of that.I never had this kind of pain with my oother two boys. I'm due Aug 10 so we look for him to come early. I go to my ob tomorrow.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Be careful! as a L/D nurse that is the MAIN SIGN of placenta abrupto- where the placenta tears away from the uterus... it can cause you to bleed out... and deprive your babyt of oxygen... make sure you are getting checked out well!!!!

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM

. Hang in there momma. Did the contractions stop on their own or did they give you something ?

jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I'm surprised they didn't do an ultrasound to see if you have a placental abruption. 

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I just had my placenta checked because of placenta previa. My high risk doc said my placenta looks good and it has also moved away from my cervix. But I'm still gonna make sure they check me at eacg visit to make sure all is good.

Quoting Anonymous:

Be careful! as a L/D nurse that is the MAIN SIGN of placenta abrupto- where the placenta tears away from the uterus... it can cause you to bleed out... and deprive your babyt of oxygen... make sure you are getting checked out well!!!!

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
They stopped on their own. I still have some pain from my stomach but not like yesterday.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

. Hang in there momma. Did the contractions stop on their own or did they give you something ?

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I thought they would but didn't. I'm gonna have my ob check tomorrow when I go in at 930.

Quoting jojo_star:

I'm surprised they didn't do an ultrasound to see if you have a placental abruption. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting amy1will:

They stopped on their own. I still have some pain from my stomach but not like yesterday.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Hoping that little baby waits to finish baking.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Thank you!! Me too. He is so active. He was kicking the heart monitors off and moving so they had to keep finding them. He didn't like the pressure on him lol.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting amy1will:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Hoping that little baby waits to finish baking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)