Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex after delivery..... how long did you wait?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

And how long did it take for you to stop bleeding? It has been 12 days since I delivered my baby and I am down to just some light spotting. I think it will be totally gone by tonight. And I didn't have any cuts, tears or stitches so I'm feeling pretty good.

Would it be too soon to have sex? How long did YOU wait?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM

well my kids are 13 months and 5 days apart. Not too long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
3 weeks. The reason they say 6 weeks is mostly for risk of infection. It was uncomfortable at first, so after that we waited another week before we tried again. If this is your first, dont expect it to feel completely normal right away, it takes some time
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I waited three weeks, as asked by the doc.  I had pretty much stopped bleeding by then, they cleaned everything out pretty good during the c-section.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I waited the six weeks the doctor told me to wait, but I had stitches.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
6 weeks... Maybe a bit longer... It still hurts though... 1 year later
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
With the first we waited 4 weeks. With the second 3. And with the last just 1 week. Lol. We're horny devils. And I had easy deliveries. It's not recommended to have sex that soon after. But we did it anyway. Just be careful, listen to your body, and use protection. You're extremely fertile after delivery.
jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I stopped bleeding after 5 weeks, didn't have sex for 3 years. You should wait until you stop bleeding, bleeding means your cervix is open, and that is a huge infection risk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Did it hurt after only one week?

Quoting Anonymous:

With the first we waited 4 weeks. With the second 3. And with the last just 1 week. Lol. We're horny devils. And I had easy deliveries. It's not recommended to have sex that soon after. But we did it anyway. Just be careful, listen to your body, and use protection. You're extremely fertile after delivery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Wait until you stop bleeding.  The blood is from an open wound in your uterus that is where the baby was attached.  If you get sperm in the open wound you can get a really bad infection and in some cases the sperm can be shot into the wound and kill you in seconds by giving you a stroke.  One of my friends died that way. So sad the baby was 4 weeks old too and motherless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)