Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Uncle's PIT BULL BIT my face and he did not put the dog to sleep even though the police ordered him to.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 375 Replies
1 mom liked this

EDIT: My 3 cousins (ages 7, 11, and 12, and I was 10) and i were told to go in the backyard where the dog was kept. If he was vicious, then as adults, they should not let us play outside with the dog.  Please stop telling me over and over again that it is my fault. I understand, you shouldn't kiss just any dog, but I am 25, when I was 10 I thought sunshine and rainbows and puppy kisses.  I also understand it was my Uncle's fault, which is who I blame, as the dog owner.  I have since forgiven him.

All these posts about who's right dog vs. parents who weren't watching their kids, it makes me mad.  You do realize that you, as a dog owner, were not watching your own dog when it bit a kid!?

I was 10. My uncle owned a pit bull, it was kept at my grandma's house.  I was there for my summer vacation.  We were all in the backyard, my three cousins all around the age of 10, and the dog was on a runner.  All the adults were inside.  I was 10, I wanted to kiss the dog, so I went up to pet him, and he bit my chin (meaning I reached out to pet him and he bit me, everyone is stuck on me saying I wanted to give him a kiss, I did not kiss him, I didn;t even get close to pet him, he was a vicious dog and should not have been kept around us 4 kids). Thankfully he didn't get lock jaw and he immediately released.  I ended up with 29 stitches. The Dr.'s said if he had bit a centimeter lower, he would have torn out my neck and I'd be dead.

My uncle was ordered to put his dog down (as the dog had bit a couple other people, my Aunt's butt, too), and he took him to the vet, but when the dog was laying on the table, my Uncle got cold feet and took the dog back home.

Imagine how I, being 10 years old, felt!?  Like a slap to my face. How could my Uncle put this vicious dog above me, a human being, his own niece!?

Thankfully, the dog got out and chased down a neighbor's little girl into the coul de sac and her daddy ran outside with a shot gun and got the dog before the dog got his daughter.

RIP Storm, you will not be missed. 

Anyways, this is how it feels to a kid, when you, as an adult, put a dog above a child. It is heinous to even suggest it is the child's fault, it is even worse to keep the dog alive.  How would you feel if it was your own child, your own flesh and blood that was mauled by a dog?

Daisypath Vacation tickers

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
But..pits are so sweet and loving!!!
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
6 moms liked this

I stopped reading after "Thankfully he didn't get lock jaw". What were you doing that a dog biting you would need a tetanus shot?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
6 moms liked this

It was your fault. you should have been taught to stay away from the dog. Were you told that? You did know the dog bit right? Why would you go over and try and hug it? I  have a 10 year old and I just told him this story-he said you must have been stupid.  He said you always ask before touching a dog-always. And you wold never try and hug or kiss a strange dog.  So this is the fault of the Adults. For not teaching you about dogs, for not telling you to stay away from the dog.

ajdahd13
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Agreed!!! It's awful the way some of these "moms" put a damn animal over their child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
She's says it in the op....

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I stopped reading after "Thankfully he didn't get lock jaw". What were you doing that a dog biting you would need a tetanus shot?

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
7 moms liked this
Pit bulls do not have a locking jaw...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I'm sorry, I don't understand your last sentence?

I was told by the Dr.'s and my mom, Thankfully he didn't get Lock Jaw, because IDK, ummm, lock jaw and he could have swung me around like dogs do to their toys, but he didn't immediately released.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

bear.katten
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
4 moms liked this
My younger brother was bit by my older brothers pit. The dog was almost 3 and was so sweet, had never even nipped at anyone. My brother reached under the dog for a card and the dog just freaked and bit his face. If our Golden Retriever hadn't immediately attacked the pit it would have RIPPED my brothers face OFF. He had over 200 stitches inside and on his face and there was blood everywhere. The ex girlfriend refused to let the dog be put down and made my brother ship it back to her. I would never own a pit, I do not trust them at all (along with a few other breeds).
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Okay she wanted to kiss the dog. But why was she so dirty that biting her would have caused tetanus (lock jaw) in the dog?

Quoting Anonymous:

She's says it in the op....

Quoting AliKatAK47:

FoxFire363
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I despise it when people put dogs above children. It disgusts me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)