Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just applied for Food Stamps

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Hopefully its just temporary...but we're not making ends meet at all and we've tried everything. Our budget just can't stretch anymore. Don't bash, please! I'm feeling bad enough as it is :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
6 moms liked this
Then why for the love of God, would you post in here? I know it's Mom Confessions but really, it's the biggest bitch group I've ever seen!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
We just got off of them. It is hard, but we are grateful to be making more. We were on them for 4 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
That's ok. My family just got on them last week. :-(

Serious blow to our pride, but feeding the kids trumps our pride. So, here we are. Hopefully we'll only need them for 3 months or so.

Just use it as intended, and helping hand up, and not a lifestyle choice.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

*I* won't fault you. I get GA including FS. You need to learn to not give a fuck what judgemental twat faces have to say. It's your life and your family. You take care of you. It's not forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

You pay taxes?  The money you have paid into for years goes into these programs. Don't beat yourself up over it. These programs are there to help, unfortunately there are those that abuse the program and hinder those who really need it from obtaining the help they need.

sissy502
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I hope it gets better.
Please be prepared for any bashing... they don't care what you're going through.
Its ok babes, as long as your family is fed
fairyjester
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
And your point on making a post about it/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Thank you. That's where we're at- feed our kids and keep them healthy, or let them be hungry.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's ok. My family just got on them last week. :-(

Serious blow to our pride, but feeding the kids trumps our pride. So, here we are. Hopefully we'll only need them for 3 months or so.

Just use it as intended, and helping hand up, and not a lifestyle choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Yes, we pay taxes. We're just not making it right now, so thank you. We need the help.

Quoting Anonymous:

You pay taxes?  The money you have paid into for years goes into these programs. Don't beat yourself up over it. These programs are there to help, unfortunately there are those that abuse the program and hinder those who really need it from obtaining the help they need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)