Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you fly with kids, can you bring..

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

Those little pouches of fruit/veg puree?

I was racking my brain for snacks that would be decently healthy and easy to carry and eat. I thought of those but I'm not sure if they "count" as a liquid. Has anyone successfully flown with these in their carryon?

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NoahandEliza
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I haven't, but I think it's 3.8oz for liquids so if it's under that, you should be good.
prenatalRN
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

You can call TSA and ask over the phone. I had this problem when trying to fly with fresh fish and they were pretty helpful

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Bbut then would it have to fit in the quart size zip lock baggie I wonder?

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I haven't, but I think it's 3.8oz for liquids so if it's under that, you should be good.
Karla1948
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

If it's a gel, liquid, or paste, the container must be 3 ounces or less, and all such containers must fit into a 1-quart ZipLoc bag. Mothers with babies can get around this with baby formula, but they must be screened separately.

Kristen.Marie
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Try to pack most of them in your checked bags. I have been able to bring them on a plane before, but just a couple of them. I also brought the little mini Gerber juice bottle.
Ivsleep
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I bet you can, I stopped pulling out hand sanitizer, hair gel, and toothpaste last year.  I'd just leave it in my carry-on and see if the screeners pulled it out, and so far they haven't.  I even made it through with a bottle of barbecue sauce a couple of weeks ago when I was in Kansas City without taking it out of my bag, and nobody said anything.  

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM

EACH ticketed passenger gets a quart sized bag. Put yor baby's supplies in his own quart sized bag, you should be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)