Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what an a**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I took my ring off because it started to hurt. My dh asks me whats wrong. I told him I think my ring is getting to small. His response, "really? The ring is getting to small? Rings dont shrink." seriously? What an ass. I have been dealing with my weight recently but have been struggling. I just found out that I have an under active thyroid and that this is why I have been having a hard time. Do I really need comments like this right now?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I would retort, but apparently penises do!  Sorry, not a mature response that I would recommend, but really!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Well what he said is true,  rings don't shrink!

taramac
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
He was just being honest...
kaiser10123
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
How did he say it? Was it a jerk tone of voice or a joking tone of voice?
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Nope, you're right he's an ass. Go get your ring resized if you want to wear it. Even getting on meds and then the fun of finding the right dosage, your weight doesn't magically fall off. It's still a lot of hard work.  I've had mine sized up a down a few times for different reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Yeah its true but I dont think it needs to be pointed out. He has been making comments like this more often and its really starting to get to me. Like the other day he mentions this diet he heard about. I said we cant afford to make two meals each meal time so we would have to change the way the whole family ate. His response was, "i am not the one who needs be on a diet."

Quoting Anonymous:

Well what he said is true,  rings don't shrink!

-_-
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I would have laughed... but not if I was feeling down about my weight and my husband knew that. Not should have known, could have guessed, but really knew. If that were the case, I'd call him a dick hole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Just started the meds six weeks ago. Got my six week blood test done Friday, waiting to hear the results.

Quoting wooly:

Nope, you're right he's an ass. Go get your ring resized if you want to wear it. Even getting on meds and then the fun of finding the right dosage, your weight doesn't magically fall off. It's still a lot of hard work.  I've had mine sized up a down a few times for different reasons.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Oh god relax. I would have taken it as sarcasm based off of your false statement. He's right, rings don't shrink. I would have laughed. Quit being so uptight.

shudderette
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Truth hurts. It's nice that you have someone who is willing to tell you the truth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)