Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow rude a**holes ten items or less?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I'm grabbing about six items at Publix and these two women in front of me at the ten or less lane had twenty plus items in their cart. So I said to them,"did you notice this is ten or less?"

They look at my six things and say," oh yeah but we're paying separate"

Wth? So basically if I get in line with three of my friends the person behind me with two items in the ten or less lane should be accepting that sea waiting because we are all paying separate?

People in this world are so self centered
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM
9 moms liked this

What difference would it make if each of them had their own basket with their own items and still in line in front of you?

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
They each had 10 items or less they were just sharing a cart? Would it have been ok then if they each had a separate cart?
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
So there were two ladies in front of you with ten items each?

I fail to see the problem.
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM
One time I accidentally went in the express lane and I had a whole cart full of shit. I just honesty did not notice and no one told me. At the end I noticed and was so embarrassed. I apologized to the lady behind me and the checker and asked him why he didn't tell me and he said he wasn't allowed to turn me away even though I clearly had way more than 10 or 15 items or whatever it was. I felt like an ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I wouldn't have gotten in the line. Not only that my post says they had twenty plus. I got in the lane next to them and had two people in front of me and was finished the time they were.

So basically you think ten items or less is okay even if it's a cart with thirty plus items and three people? The whole idea is that people get out more quickly.

Quoting Anonymous:

What difference would it make if each of them had their own basket with their own items and still in line in front of you?

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM

That is one of my biggest pet peeve. The express lanes are meant for people grabbing a few things and getting out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
You didn't read. I said they had one cart with twent items plus. If I had know they were going over the limit I would have gone in another line which I did. But where do you draw the line? Three people same cart thirty items? Five people same cart fifty items get real!

Quoting wickedfiress:

So there were two ladies in front of you with ten items each?

I fail to see the problem.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It was only rude if they each had MORE than ten items AND they knew about it. Unless you counted the items in their cart, you can't be sure that they didn't each only have ten items.

Sharing a cart shouldn't even be an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
You were rude to say something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)