Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess we are buying school clothes and supplies. Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

DF's son and daughter live with their mother.  Last night we picked them up to take them to dinner and to hang out. Well after dinner we ended up at Walmart. We are walking around and DF's son says "Oh dad I need to tell you something, Mom says you and P (me) are buying mine and Danielles school clothes and supplies this year." DF said "We are?" DS says "Yes mom said P(me) has a good job working for the county and ya'll can afford to buy our stuff this year" DF and I just looked at each other and said "We will see" DF and I have a baby together that is 8 months old and I also have a son that is 17. I thought this was so funny because I make a seriously shitty wage. DF's ex wife makes about the same as I do. Just because I have a county job does not mean I have alot of money. I think DF's ex is off her rocker..DF always pitches in money wise for school stuff but never just right out had to buy everything. Like I said I have a 17 year old that I have to buy for also. No bashing please. I just want to see what you ladies think.

DF just paid $300 for his DS to go to summer school this past week and his ex said she couldn't help because she is behind on her rent. Yet she just bought a new car.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Ha, that wouldn't fly in my house.
HeyEinstein
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Are you sure the kids were telling the truth?
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I'd like to say I'd tell the bm to shove it...but I know I'd end up buying it anyway because I would hate to see the kids go without. That's pretty shitty of her though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

He should at least pitch in the HELP buy the school stuff. But, you shouldn't have to pay for it all...isn't that what child support is for?  I've been budgeting my CS to pay for school supplies/clothes since I will be shopping for 2 this year. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

They are good kids for the most part. I have no reason to think they would lie. Its not the first time she has said stupid stuff to them.  She calls me "The precious gf"  when she talks to DF on the phone.

Quoting HeyEinstein:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

He does pitch in for school clothes etc. He is a very active father. But for the ex to just come out and say "WE" are paying for everything this year? ha ha. She is nuts.

Quoting Anonymous:

He should at least pitch in the HELP buy the school stuff. But, you shouldn't have to pay for it all...isn't that what child support is for?  I've been budgeting my CS to pay for school supplies/clothes since I will be shopping for 2 this year. 

HeyEinstein
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Kids are manipulators. Even the good ones have moments.

When it comes to dealing with shared custody situations the best thing is to communicate with the other parent as needed instead of assuming things.

I hope your df calls his ex and asks about this so that even if it is true he can at least let her know that she should talk to him about this stuff not the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are good kids for the most part. I have no reason to think they would lie. Its not the first time she has said stupid stuff to them.  She calls me "The precious gf"  when she talks to DF on the phone.

Quoting HeyEinstein:

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Uhhh yeah wouldn't happen. Id be more than willing to pay for half but not all of it. You two have other kids to worry about too. She needs to pitch in for her kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Just clarify with her that's what she actually said and not something the kids misheard. Because otherwise, yeah, she is a bit nuts.  

Quoting Anonymous:

He does pitch in for school clothes etc. He is a very active father. But for the ex to just come out and say "WE" are paying for everything this year? ha ha. She is nuts.

Quoting Anonymous:

VannaMae307
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Just because you have your own kid(s) before meeting him doesn't mean he owes any less to the kids he had before he met you. You should talk to the mother and get the real story, and from there you'll deal with whatever is decided, or negotiate with what SHE has decided, or whatever. One of those "cross that bridge when you get there" things. Adding a baby to an existing set of kids doesn't make his responsibilities any less toward her and their kids though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)