Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He murdered what???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe violent games is the cause of all violence?

Options:

yes i think violent video games should be banned

no I dont believe that violent video games should be banned

I believe that when there is an underlying mental conditon that violent video games can cause a trigger

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

okay I am going ANON for this

my son is soon to be eight and I let him play mature games like black ops, zombie games and such. No he is not allowed to play grand theft auto

anyways my FIL said he was a  little *concerned* about him liking to play armyish games and I would agree with him BUT

my son does not act out in any mean way

he does have add BUT he is just unfocused, finger counting and stuff like that

he is such a tender hearted little boy and has never shown aggression towards anything

yes him and his brother and sister fight but no brusing, no bleeding has every occured

with all of this been said, do you believe violent video games makes murderers?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I know lots of kids that played violent games growing up and they're fine.  I personally love GTA lol.  And no, violent games don't make murderers..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No, mental illness is the true cause of all the murders and gun violence. Tougher gun laws only affect the LAW-ABIDING citizens, the criminals and mentally ill will always find a way to get weapons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Very true

Quoting Anonymous:

No, mental illness is the true cause of all the murders and gun violence. Tougher gun laws only affect the LAW-ABIDING citizens, the criminals and mentally ill will always find a way to get weapons.

LoveNaCupcake
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Personally I think people blaming video games for their childrens actions are just making excuses for poor parenting. We play games in our homes, DH is more of RPG player but we do play black ops, my kids have never been agressive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Same goes here. He has never been aggressive and he used to cry at lullabies and where people *real people* gets hurt

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

Personally I think people blaming video games for their childrens actions are just making excuses for poor parenting. We play games in our homes, DH is more of RPG player but we do play black ops, my kids have never been agressive.

ThatSmittyGirl
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I don't think so. I think if people who already have "issues" play violent video games, it *may* trigger something in their brain or whatever.

But any person in their right mind can draw the line between real life violence and video game violence.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Our girls have played games like that, and our son has watched our girls and my husband play.  None of them are aggressive at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, violent games are the cause of all violence.  There was no violence before video games.  Except in all of human history.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)