Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any nurses here? update went to er

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I started ever three month bc called seasonale i am half way through and no period which is apparently normal. Ive had a bit of break through bleeding just spots here and there. Well today i was crampy feeling and then suddenly felt wet ...went to the washroom and there was lots.of bleeding and a really big clot looking thing.... Should i go to the er? Or is it just my period that i should have for another month and a half?

so after another clot thing.more bleeding I called nurse line they said go up..I got real dizzy and when they asked me to pee in a cup a huge fleshy colored clot fell in filling a third of if... That did a blood test just waiting on ths results think it's.a Mc?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I would only go if you keep on passing clots. Rule of thumb is if you are soaking more than 1 pad in an hr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Ty!

Quoting Gingerbell.RN:

I would only go if you keep on passing clots. Rule of thumb is if you are soaking more than 1 pad in an hr.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Break through bleeding is pretty common like the first 6 months of BC I believe. If your not changing your pads more than once every hour, passing blood clots larger than 1/2 dollar, and the blood isn't bright red, you should be fine. If you are that worried call your doctor.
MaiasMommy619
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Sounds like your period to me. I wouldn't worry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
The blood if bright.red and hot if that makes sense and the clot was like palm sized.I honestly have.never passed anything that big.since after my last child

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Break through bleeding is pretty common like the first 6 months of BC I believe. If your not changing your pads more than once every hour, passing blood clots larger than 1/2 dollar, and the blood isn't bright red, you should be fine. If you are that worried call your doctor.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I was on Seasonale for a few years and had breakthrough bleeding but nothing that heavy.

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM
A palm sized blood clot? Have you passed more? How many pads are you going through? How is your cramping? If it was a one time thing I wouldn't go to the ER buy I'd let my gynecologist know.

Quoting Anonymous:

The blood if bright.red and hot if that makes sense and the clot was like palm sized.I honestly have.never passed anything that big.since after my last child

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Take a pregnancy test.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
It's brighter than normal period blood?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Id go, you could be pregnant, miscarrying and not know it. I almost bled out when i miscarried, I needed 2 blood transfusions and an emergency d and c. I had big blood clots before I went in too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)