Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know if this is a scam(walmart related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

i was in walmart and they had set up a traveling old time photo studio ( like they look like pics from the olden days with props and costumes)(NOT the regular picturemes that went out of business this year) i always wanted to get this done,but you have to pay ahead of time when u book the appt,NOT when u get the pictures done,then u come back another day to get them done,then a few weeks later to pick them up

my concern is they wont be there when i come to get the pictures taken,or even if they are there,that they wont be there when i come back to pick them up!

anyone ever see this at their walmart or had it done?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
You have to pay the full amount and not just a retainer fee? I think I would be concerned too
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

They have things like here and they are legit. But I would research the company.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I've never seen it in a Walmart,  but then I only see a WalMart about once a month. I would ask the WalMart manager. They had to talk to the Manager to rent the space.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I'm sure they wouldn't let just scammers scam their customers, but talk to a manager to make sure.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I have one of those hanging over my fireplace and we got the pic within mi utes and it was taken years ago. The only thing we had to wait for was the framing and that was like an hour.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM

thats what im hoping,since walmart rented the space to them,if it was a scam everyone would be bitching out walmart 

Quoting wooly:

I've never seen it in a Walmart,  but then I only see a WalMart about once a month. I would ask the WalMart manager. They had to talk to the Manager to rent the space.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM

yes you pay ahead of time for the 11 by 14 and you can buy more the day of the pics

Quoting Anonymous:

You have to pay the full amount and not just a retainer fee? I think I would be concerned too

IWantOneMorePlz
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Those companies came about twice a year when I worked at Sam's Club.  They were legit.  I would research the company, though.  I can't remember the name of the one that went to Sam's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM

not at walmart. but I had those same pics done at kmart. they turned out great. never had any problems.

kissesxoxo8882
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM

there are a lot of those I had them done once it was real pics came out nicely google the name of the company.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)