Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling very lonely and depressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

So to begin with I don't have very many friends and the ones I do have have either moved or are  moving. My dh is about to deploy for the umteenth  time, my oldest daughter is leaving for college in a few months and my parents just basically bolted out of here today. See they were suppose  to be here till tomorrow but my little sister lives 12 hr away and my mom was  to antsy to go visit her. I am always a second thought. I shouldn't be surprised as this is the same woman who didn't come out when my DD was in ICU for a few days and in the hospital for a week because she couldn't leave my sister. I am just feeling very raw with emotions this week and it sucks feelin this way, but I am very depressed today and this is gonna be a very rough week for me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
misbishy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Im sorry, I know how you feel. That last couple days I been an option to my family.
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Hugs...

6StarsOnly
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, you always have CM moms that will be your friend! I've made a lot of good friends on here. Never have met them, but we chat on the phone, tell jokes to each other, share pics of our DH and kids. Basically, we keep up with each other's highs and lows.

I know it's harder to make friends as we age and dh being gone doesn't help ease the loneliness any.

HUGS today for you!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Feeling the same way today. Both my ds's are moving away and my grand dd. it sucks.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I know it's difficult in that situation I have been in a simular one myself. As others have said you have the moms here. How about getting involved in a bible study through the on base chapel? Or checking with the red cross or unit and seeing if there is anything there. If your hubby is going on an umteenth deployment you may be able to help a younger and maybe new mom to the military who is dealing with their first deployment. I know when we first went active duty it was so nice when I had an more experienced wife take me under her wing so to speak and befriend me and I learned so much from her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Thank you, these are great ideas. I think as the years have gone by I forget about helping the younger wives. Dh has been in 18 years and we have been married 19. We have lived off post for so man years now I have kinda forgotten a lot of things. I mean I only go on post to go to a dr appt and that is it! Again, Thank you. I know I will be busy with my kiddos, but these are great ideas.
Quoting cjsix:

I know it's difficult in that situation I have been in a simular one myself. As others have said you have the moms here. How about getting involved in a bible study through the on base chapel? Or checking with the red cross or unit and seeing if there is anything there. If your hubby is going on an umteenth deployment you may be able to help a younger and maybe new mom to the military who is dealing with their first deployment. I know when we first went active duty it was so nice when I had an more experienced wife take me under her wing so to speak and befriend me and I learned so much from her.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I'm glad that I was able to help. My hubby has been out for awhile but,I still have a heart for the military and their families and I do remember when I arrived at our first base ahead of him. I had two little ones and was by myself and totally lost as to everything about being a military wife. There was an officer's wife who always came to the guesthousing,to welcome the families new to the base and see if anyone needed anything. She saw that I was there alone and insisted that I come to her house to wash our clothes and have dinner...she wouldn't let me say no. We became friends even though my hubby was enlisted and she frequently had me come over when he was gone. she also taught me so many things including one which I have passed on to many others including on here....about packing and moving,some of the best advice ever! 

I'm certain that there are younger wives out there who would love to have a more experienced wife befriend them and help them learn the ropes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, these are great ideas. I think as the years have gone by I forget about helping the younger wives. Dh has been in 18 years and we have been married 19. We have lived off post for so man years now I have kinda forgotten a lot of things. I mean I only go on post to go to a dr appt and that is it! Again, Thank you. I know I will be busy with my kiddos, but these are great ideas.
Quoting cjsix:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)