Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're THAT upset about cleaning your room? Really?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 45 Replies
I worked all weekend. Today, DH cleaned up around our apartment. It looks great...our son refused to clean his room all day. I've been home for about 45minutes...he's been crying pretty much the entire time because DH told him he couldn't come out until all the stuff was picked up off of his floor (he dumped his Legos everywhere this morning). You'd think we told him we killed Santa or something. The waterworks are unreal.

Do your kids decide to randomly throw fits over routine chores sometimes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

yes

Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Every now and then my youngest will do that.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Haha... no not really. But that's funny. Kids are so weird sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reava
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Its a constant battle to get my daughter to clean her room. She loves doing other chores though. Just not that.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I'm like "What's really going on?"

And he just said very sadly "I just really wanna play, Mommy. I don't want to clean my room. Its not fun."

DH is like "DUDE, YOU'D BE DONE BY NOW. JUST PICK UP THE LEGOS AND PUT THEM IN THE BUCKET. ITS GOING TO TAKE 2 MINUTES."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
The things he gets a hair up his butt about. I don't get it. Its seriously just Legos. He would have been done 30 minutes ago if he'd have done it rather than laying there on the floor crying.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Haha... no not really. But that's funny. Kids are so weird sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Only my youngest but she's 2. My middle child doesn't complain but he will always stop in the middle of the chore and do something else like play legos or something. I have to remind him repeatedly to finish cleaning up.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Yeah my dd has been putting off cleaning her room all weekend and usually she keeps it tidy on her own

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
He pretty much hates doing anything we tell him to do, ever. You'd think we were slavedrivers.

The other day I told him to get his pants on and he lost it.

Quoting reava:

Its a constant battle to get my daughter to clean her room. She loves doing other chores though. Just not that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Yeah my youngest did this today too. They are responsible for the living room and their bedroom amongst other small things here and there. Today was a clean the living room day...and she just automatically threw a HUGE fit. My oldest who is 6 cleaned the entire room by herself and even offered to vaccum. They have a choice in my house, either clean your mess or lay in bed until you decide you want to clean. One day she laid in bed and cried all day until dinner, wouldn't eat (because I never deny food to my kids), then went back to bed. I told her she could repeat it the next day too, and she did most of the morning but decided that a day in bed with no toys and t.v. sucked. She eventually started to clean her room up by herself. Still throws a tantrum any time the words clean or pick up are mentioned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)