Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 13 Replies
To change an infantd sleep schedule? Dd is 7 weeks. She takes 3-4 hr naps during yhe day but at night wont sleep well. She sleeps around 3 hrs, eat, sleep for 1-2 up to eat, then up for 4 then the good sleep starts! I go back to work in 2 weeks and ill die of exhaustion if i cant help her sleep better at night!!!! Any suggestions???
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kennadismom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

BUMP!

SageAdvice
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

keep her awake till bedtime, It's going to be hard and she's going to scream but it shouldn't take but a few days to change her schedule.

Kennadismom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuumpp
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM

If you are nursing...I "cluster fed" mine before bed, so I would feed her at 5:30, 7:30, and nine....but her last feeding prior to 5:30 I kept pushing back by fifteen minutes until it was at 1:30 so she was good and hungry. We would play a lot between 1:30-5:30 to keep her awake. She would nurse last at nine, I would go to bed, my husband would get her asleep by around 10 usually, and she slept until 3am approx, and then again until 6 or 6:30 am, and then down again until 9 or 9:30.  This we started at 10 weeks approx so a little later than you're at but it can't hurt to try.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I don't know.  I had the same thing with my oldest girl.  She took good naps, wnet to bed around seven each evening, and then was up twice a night on average.  I tried kepping her up later than seven and that totally backfired.  She then got up 8-10 times each night.  I gave up and klet her sleep as she needed.  Even though my sleep was broken up, it was better than nothing.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I always just went with my sons schedule and at seven weeks he was no where near sleeping all night long

someone did suggest though during the day we keep it bright and at night keep things dark that help go back to sleep better after the night feedings

Kennadismom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Quoting SageAdvice:

keep her awake till bedtime, It's going to be hard and she's going to scream but it shouldn't take but a few days to change her schedule.

Any suggestions on how to keep her up? Shell pass out sitting up once she tired enough lol. Shes been up since 4 and is naked (diaper) and she keeps dozing off now....i wanted to keep her up till lile 830-845 so i can put both girls to bed around then! Shes a persistent little bugger!!! I have the tv on and dd1 is being noisy so hopefully shell just take little cat naps!
misbishy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I had a feeding schedule until my kids were 6 months old. I kept them awake longer during the day, yes it is hard. You have to give them time to adjust to the new. I did every 4 hour feedings, then went to 5 hour feedings. A bath before bed usually helps. They have a night time bath soap, I think it's by Johnson's. I think it has oatmeal in it to sooth the baby. Dang its been along time lol
Kennadismom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Quoting misbishy:

I had a feeding schedule until my kids were 6 months old. I kept them awake longer during the day, yes it is hard. You have to give them time to adjust to the new. I did every 4 hour feedings, then went to 5 hour feedings. A bath before bed usually helps. They have a night time bath soap, I think it's by Johnson's. I think it has oatmeal in it to sooth the baby. Dang its been along time lol

Right now i basically feed on demand and i thibk thats part of her issue. She never gets full on hungry so she eats like 2 oz at a time sometimes and hungry again afyer an hr but only another 2 oz
SageAdvice
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Fuck, I'm going to catch hell for this but.... Ice cold water dripped on her face/chest/butt. Bounce her awake ( rudely).  Loud music and spinning her around, um some would give the baby a slight pinch. ( Do not even think to bitch at me, I said some would ) Do what ever you need to, to piss her off, crying means she's awake and once awake it's easier to keep her that way at least for a while. Then start the process over again.  

When it's close to the time you want her to go to bed for the night, give her a warm lavender bath and wrap her up, then do your normal bedtime routine. Do this every night and she will learn when it's time to sleep. If she wakes up early, ignore her till the time she should be getting up ( peek in without her knowing ) she might scream bloody hell for a few days but in time she will learn to go back to sleep or entertain herself till it's time to get up.

Good luck mama.

Quoting Kennadismom:

Quoting SageAdvice:

Any suggestions on how to keep her up? Shell pass out sitting up once she tired enough lol. Shes been up since 4 and is naked (diaper) and she keeps dozing off now....i wanted to keep her up till lile 830-845 so i can put both girls to bed around then! Shes a persistent little bugger!!! I have the tv on and dd1 is being noisy so hopefully shell just take little cat naps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)