Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously Mom, You Think That Is Ok?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I'm really getting frustrated with my nephews.  After we moved back closer to home I started noticing more and more my oldest being blamed for more and more.  All usually stupid stuff like she was the one who got the toys out, she was the only one jumping on the bed, she was the one who pulled my mom's comforter off the bed (which is classic of my oldest nephew but all of the sudden when we moved back it was just her doing it) stuff like that.  Well, it has continued and has only worsened.  Now they are excluding her from what they are playing, bullying her if she picks up a toy they want (chasing her around--which she was ok with at first till they ganged up on her and cornered her and started pushing and grabbing at the toy), etc.  My mom says I need to let her take care of it and I am just sheltering her.  I'm not happy with this.  I don't understand why this is ok.  I am watching my nephews for the summer and they aren't liking it because I'm strict and I'm big on we take turns, we treat eachother the way we want them to treat us, we ask for permission before taking someone's toy, etc.

**My oldest child has adhd and my oldest nephew has spd but I don't know if that even matters in this situation.  My 2nd nephew is VERY babied and always treated as he can do no wrong but he is sneaky as shit and I catch him all the time trying to pull shit on my oldest, he can be super sweet but I do believe he is jealous because he was the youngest grandkid before we moved back.

Am I making too much out of this?      

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I don't think that teaching them to take turns and to treat people nicely are bad things. Lol. Sadly, some people don't take the time to do it.

If your DD is being harassed by her cousins and blamed for everything, someone needs to stick up for her. I think you are the perfect person to do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)