Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell is wrong with me?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 3 Replies
They don't take me seriously at work. Well, it may be due to the fact that i'm the new kid on that block (2 offices are merging together) and i'm a little timid. I'm 5'2, a little bit overweight, but i'm VERY professional. Most of my co-workers are my age and they tend to goof off a lot. While I don't play around while on the clock, I get along pretty well with the people of my rank while on lunch or other instances. The management doesn't tend to socialize with us too much unless its a meeting or something. I don't know how to change their image of me, or maybe even myself (that's what my SO thinks it is.) I don't know if this is a rant, or if I need advice, or what. I just needed to get that off my chest. =/
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Are you feeling insecure because you're new at your job? Give yourself time to learn your new position and feel comfortable in what you are doing but still continue to be as efficient as possible. Don't be afraid to ask questions or to volunteer for new tasks. If you feel insecure about your appearance, always keep yourself neat and dress within your company's dress code. Sometimes it helps to have a mentor at work - look for someone who has been at your company for a while, you feel is trustworthy and who you would feel comfortable running ideas by. Good luck - its not always easy being the new kid so just give yourself a little break! :)
MommyStar3343
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you feeling insecure because you're new at your job? Give yourself time to learn your new position and feel comfortable in what you are doing but still continue to be as efficient as possible. Don't be afraid to ask questions or to volunteer for new tasks. If you feel insecure about your appearance, always keep yourself neat and dress within your company's dress code. Sometimes it helps to have a mentor at work - look for someone who has been at your company for a while, you feel is trustworthy and who you would feel comfortable running ideas by. Good luck - its not always easy being the new kid so just give yourself a little break! :)

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Quoting MommyStar3343:

They don't take me seriously at work.

I don't know how to change their image of me

When is your next performance review?

You should, in any case, be documenting your strengths and successes, in advance of such reviews.   If you don't know when the next review is, ask your manager.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)