Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd c section?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I've had two c sections and so this would be my 3rd one...my other kids were breech and my water broke at home. Come to find out I have a bicornuate uterus which causes pre term labor and is why my water always broke and why I have breech babies.

Well I'm 32 weeks and this baby is head first. I think I want to go natural. This will be my last baby and I'd like to experience that...

Problem is my doctor may not allow me BuuuT the choice is still mine right?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Bump
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Bump. I think so. I had 3 c sections and can't have anymore kids now.
lovinmy3girlies
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
The choice IS yours. But the challenge is finding a doc who will even do it. I wanted to w my 3rd too but my doc wouldn't. The only one I could find to do it was the college study center, and I wasn't about to be an experiment. Lol. If I was in my home state, I don't think it would have been much an issue. But I wasn't. So I had a 3rd. It was lots harder to get past after than the first 2. If you can find someone then it MAY be ok. But you should also think of the condition of your uterus an the fact you have 2 previous cuts thro it so it may be more risk than anything. Gl
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Well honey, I'm going to tell you like my OB told my husband and I. Yes, it is your choice. You are going to have to find a doctor and hospital that will allow you too. Here where I am, most hospitals wont. Antways, OB says, and I quote, "If I was you, and that was my wife, I'd tell her hell no. The risks are greater with each csection. I have had a woman whose bladder ruptured and anothers baby went into her abdomen when her uterus ruptured. But, yes, it is your choice." I opted for csection...and will again. I know there are risks with csection as it is surgery but it is no longer considered MAJOR surgery like it used to be. Just check with the doctor that you choose and check his percentages of successful vbac deliveries!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Choose whatever is safest for you and the baby...talk to your doctor soon about your options. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Those horror stories are not substantiated by statistics. There's a lot of support for vbac now.

Op- it's your birth, your baby, and your body. Do a ton of research and don't back down if you choose vbac.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well honey, I'm going to tell you like my OB told my husband and I. Yes, it is your choice. You are going to have to find a doctor and hospital that will allow you too. Here where I am, most hospitals wont. Antways, OB says, and I quote, "If I was you, and that was my wife, I'd tell her hell no. The risks are greater with each csection. I have had a woman whose bladder ruptured and anothers baby went into her abdomen when her uterus ruptured. But, yes, it is your choice." I opted for csection...and will again. I know there are risks with csection as it is surgery but it is no longer considered MAJOR surgery like it used to be. Just check with the doctor that you choose and check his percentages of successful vbac deliveries!!!
MorganTho
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Find a new Dr who will support you and has a good vbac rate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting MorganTho:

Find a new Dr who will support you and has a good vbac rate.

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

It would be much eaiser if you had a good support team but yes it can be done! I would say stay home ask long as possible... Basically show up pushing:)

lucydiamond
by LD on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
As a doula, I would say find an amazing doctor with experience with vbacs. But if you feel like you're at risk, go with your instincts and get the c-section. It is your choice ultimately so make sure you are informed and empowered. Good luck, mama xxx
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)