Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What were some of your "issues" from being molested? Trigger!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I was touched around age 5 by The son of my moms BFF. He was only a couple years older than me, so I am not sure if he was just curious or was doing something that had been done to him:(

Anyway, I had issues from it till after I was married.

As a younger girl till age 12 or so I would look at the crotch area of every man that I saw and then feel so guilty I would tell my mom, everytime it happened. I was very uncomfortable being alone with men even my dad till I was 18ish. I remember being nervous alone in the car with him and feeling very uncomfortable if he sat on my bed to chat with me or something.

Then once married I was very uncomfortable with being touched or grabbed, sex was hard at times. I would feel dirty and sick to my stomach, I didn't like being pushed to do anything sexual, even the normal hug from behind, kissing "hey baby let's go upstairs" thing.

I am okay now, I think but I am also very very lucky compared to some of the awful stories I have heard... 

Anyway what have you struggled with?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
There are certain sexual acts I simply can not preform. Obese men with gray hair and beards give me anxiety attacks. Christmas is a hard time of the year for me because Santa makes me cry... at 26 years of age
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM

i had issues breastfeeding my children. it didnt feel natural to me

i am very nonsexual. i dont like having sex alot. i do get horny and want sex but i can live without having it for a couple or three weeks

very proctective of my children. God helps the person who hurts them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Feeling uncomfortable. Only I was molested by both a boy and girl so it wasnt just men who made me uncomfortable.
I think I was around the same age, maybe 6. They were 3 to 4 years older than me. The girl was caught. I felt guilty and dirty like I was in the wrong.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I was molested when I was 8. Soon after I started to draw pictures of naked men and women doing things together. I was uncomfortable around men and overly modest until I lost my virginity. After that, I became increasingly promiscuous until it destroyed my relationship. At one point I was sexually involved with 5 men at once (not at the same time). It was a bad place. I am better now with some counseling, but I'm still hypersensitive when it comes to my DD.

ETA I also have body issues which I attribute to my molestation. I dealt with anorexia for months in high school and if I'm honest I am relapsing with it. :-( It is a struggle and I have to force myself to eat a normal amount of food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Trust, of course. I went the other way and wanted sex all the time. I was a freak in bed, too. My boyfriend loved it, but now, married, it's taken a long time to get used to the pleasure in the comfort of the relationship. I also loathe having my breasts touched unil I'm really turned on. Sadly, my husband can't seem to remember that. Ever. Like every day. Duh. Sigh
krystaldawn_21
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I haven't struggled with anything really. I talked to my mom about it a lot and I think that is what helped me not have any problems. I was 12 though when I was messed with and that was by an older family friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I have a fear of men.
I have a fear all men will rape dd
I had to take ecstasy in order to have sex with bf (now dh)
I can not handle being tickled. My body shuts down.
I have multiple triggers during sex
-don't touch the back of my head
-don't push me against wall
Etc.

kymom23
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Well, I had blocked it out until I was 30 and the shock of my dad dying brought it all out. I was raped by my 15 year old brother when I was just 5. With my first marriage, I had trouble with sex, but didn't know why. One of my ex-boyfriends was playing around once and grabbed me from behind and put both of his arms around me and I flipped the fuck out on him!! I didn't know why, but it scared the shit out of me. I ended up punching a different ex in the nose for something similar. He was just playing around, grabbed both of my wrists. I started freaking out, acted like I was going to kick him between the legs and he let go of my left hand and I immediately punched him in the nose. I was flipping out. I still didn't know why. My dad died almost 5 years ago and everything came flooding back. I have been diagnosed with severe chronic ptsd, schitzoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder. I have trouble with sex with my Dh. I feel like I am smothering sometimes during sex. Like I'm under water and struggling to reach the surface to get a breath. I haven't said anything to Dh about it though. I won't. He knows I was raped by my brother though. He knows that's why I have trouble, but I won't describe it to him because I don't want him to feel like it's something he's doing wrong.

jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I was raped several times by a close family friend, a man I loved and trusted, when I was 12. I ended up pregnant. I have PTSD, nightmares sometimes, and serious trust issues. I am much, much better now, but there was a time where I struggled badly. I can't be alone in a room with a man I don't know without going into a panic attack. When I get stressed and sleep deprived I'll have flashbacks. 

ALWsMomma
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I did not mean to like this!!! I had a touch screen accident!
I am sorry you went through that!

Quoting jojo_star:

I was raped several times by a close family friend, a man I loved and trusted, when I was 12. I ended up pregnant. I have PTSD, nightmares sometimes, and serious trust issues. I am much, much better now, but there was a time where I struggled badly. I can't be alone in a room with a man I don't know without going into a panic attack. When I get stressed and sleep deprived I'll have flashbacks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)