Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this true?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 4 weeks old and ever since he was born he never liked laying flat on his back. He would scream and cry if I set him down on his back, flat. Now if I prop him up with something he will go right to sleep and if I try to lay him down flat again he will wake up and scream. Someone told me that this could be acid reflux? Is that true?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Definitely could be. Laying flat will aggravate it, while being upright will help relieve it. I'd talk to your pedi and get him checked for reflux.

LovelyCorrupt
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Yes
He may also just like sitting up, my second son did, since he was just a few hours old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yes could be acid reflux. I'd ask his dr. My son slept in a swing for the first 6 months of his life because he couldn't lie flat. My pedi suggested it to relieve pain besides medication.

elitish
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Not always. Laying on the back is basically uncomfortable for a lot of human beings. For my husband (never had reflux), for my son (not even related to my husband). Imagine floating in a pool for 9 months and then being forced to lay on a block of wood (which is what it can feel like for a lot of babies). Would YOU like it? No. No one would. It doesn't mean he has reflux, it might mean he's just plain fucking uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)