Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

credit score

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
My credit score is crap. I went through a bad divorce and took most of the hit instead of filing b/r I just settled whatever i could and just recently a repo for 13000. I settled for 2000 that was pretty much the biggest thing we owed and I was wandering what can I do now to boost it up? I want to start looking for a house but I need to helpn my ratings.. help
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
It's going to take time and playing the credit game.

I'd imagine at least a couple of years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

It's going to take time and playing the credit game.

I'd imagine at least a couple of years.

yeah its been taking years to get all these paid off.. itsucks I opened a jewelrt store account hoping that Will help.. thank you :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Pay bills on time. Get a cc, buy little things like gas, food and pay it off right away. Its gonna take a while to get it up. How bad is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Pay bills on time. Get a cc, buy little things like gas, food and pay it off right away. Its gonna take a while to get it up. How bad is it?

it's a 450. I have a helzberg account would it be better to get a different cc?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Unless your buying a bunch of jewelry, its pointless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Unless your buying a bunch of jewelry, its pointless.

kind of I buy little things then pay it off like charms my moms into and ish.. I also have a target card but I keep wandering are store cc the way to go or like a main one like master card I know my helzberg is thru capital 1.. sorry its so hard to learn this.. I wander if they have classes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM

BUMP!

MrsImperfect
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a capital one secured line of credit. You put your own money on it. Buy a tank of gas every month and pay it on time. Your score will rise fast.

My husbands score was horrible. It had to be decent to buy a house. That was the advice of a lender. In 3 months it was high enough to buy the house.

Btw you can't buy a house until 7 yrs after a bankruptcy. Thats what we were told. A bank or lender will turn you down. You also have to have 12 months of paying bills on time. At least that's what we were told.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
How did you get credit cards with a 450 credit score?

Also, cut that Helzberg card up- the last thing you need to be buying is jewelry, even if it's not for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)