Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tampon use for little girls....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
so my daughter received the puberty talk at school last tuesday, they put the boys in one room with a male teacher and talked with them about the changes that would be happening within their bodies gave them a booklet and a stick of deodorant. The girls were in a separate room with a female teacher and the school nurse and they discussed the changes in their bodies and they discussed menstruation(my dd has known all this for quite a while since i have already talked to her and answered any questions she might have had at the time). The girls received a booklet and a bag of feminine hygiene products you know assorted pads and tampons, which led my dd to ask at what age is it ok for her to use a tampon i had no idea what to say so i told her when she is 13 she can try to use a tampon and got to wondering what age you ladies thought was appropriate. btw my dd is 11 right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I was in swim and dance so I used them since I started at age 12. I think it should be up to the girl what she decides to use
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

She might have a hard time using a tampon at 11.  I didn't use one I until I was 15.  

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd let her try pads first. I tried them and hated them, however some women prefer them. Everyones different. If she tries it and doesn't like it, then let her switch.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think when she wants to use them. I still won't use them very often but most girls like them. I would let her try now (if she has her period) it not a big deal. She just has to remember to remove it.
pregnantmama105
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I got my period at age 12..I used pads for like 6 months then started using tampons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I tried to use one when 12, but I can't use them. I have a tilted uterus and it is too painful for me. I'd let her decide if she wants to try it. I mean if she understands how it is used and everything, then let her decide.

jojo_star
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I started using them when I was about 10/11, same for my daughter. I never used pads, besides my first period. I think when they want to try, it's appropriate. 

lga1965
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I didn't use tampons until I went to college. My daughters didn't either. I can't imagine a little girl even having periods and using tampons. wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMomma42
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I hate tampons, I have never used them. JMO.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I've used them since I got my period, when I was 14, I have a small build though so I was more of the size of a 12 year old. I was in dance and there was no way I was wearing a bulky pad for that. They make slim fit tampons for younger girls. She can always give it a try and work from there. If its not comfortable, she can hold off a couple more years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)