Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you wear makeup-

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 46 Replies
Do you follow the trends, or do you stick to a more neutral palette? I love so many of the runway looks, but I wouldn't have the confidence to wear them. Do you experiment? I admire creativity, but maybe the twenty something's have the monopoly on the trends. Your thoughts?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I stick to natural. I'm not a fan of overdone makeup. Something just to enhance what's already there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My Confession.  I'm in my 40's so I stick with neutral tones when I'm out of the house. But I do experiment with bright colors and different combos when I'm not going out and just going to be at home.

aidyns_mommy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I just do me :)

smokey eyes, sometimes. I try to stay away from colors that bring out my dark mommy circles,lol

I usually just do a cover up with powder & a little mascara and eye liner. Nothing extreme.

I am 23.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elitish
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I do a middle ground. If pantone's color of the year is emerald, I just play up the greens I already have. I have always, always, always, and will always, always, always do a thick cat eye, and IDGAF if it goes out of style because it makes my eyes actually stand out of my head instead of look like squinty weirdo. I'll tune into an in "color" if the lipstick or eyeshadow is cheap, but I won't go out of my way to do the looks. Makeup is just like clothes -- incorporating what's "in" into your own personal style.

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

29, for the everyday I do the neutral, if I'm going on a date with the hubs I might do a red lip or some different eye shadow, jazz it up at bit.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I play around with color if its a night out on the town. But every day I stick to a neutral look.
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I like to do more of a natural look. Except for date nights. I'll do a little more to the eyes.

IndigoRose
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I go natural.  I don't like the made up look, never did.

twoblues
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Quoting New.OrleansLady:

I stick to natural. I'm not a fan of overdone makeup. Something just to enhance what's already there.

That's probably the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I do my own look...foundation, eyeliner, and a bit of brow liner. There we go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)