Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fellow witches...can I pick your brains?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Merry Meet,

I need some of my fellow witches to help me with marketing research. We have a little online shop/vender booth at music festivals,pagan fairs,art & craft shows. We hope to eventually expand to a real in person brick and mortar store. ( http://treasuredperfections.storenvy.com/) We are currently expanding our booth/online shop, and for the next few days conducting market research and possibly looking for more product testers.

What we want to know is.....

When you walk into a 'witchy store' what do you want to see? How much is it? What is your fav. place always out of stock of when you go? How can we make our booth every witches wet dream? ;p lol

We are adding stones for purchase...do you prefer raw or tumbled?...which stones do you use the most? What would you think is a fair price?

We are going to carry candles. Do you prefer colored candles or white ones anointed with corresponding oils or herbs? How much would you spend? What size candle do you prefer?

We are adding a line of herbal healing lotions. So far we will have one to help with pain, one for knowledge in love, one for confidence in lust, and one to help you sleep. Should we have others? What should we name them? How much would you pay for a small bottle? a large?

We are also offering oils & soaps in the same herbal blends as the lotions.

We aren't getting into books or clothes right now, nor amthes or chalices, maybe someday. Our booth will mainly be the handmade jewelry & gifts. Dreamcatchers and the above named items. If you would be so kind as to complete this questionnaire, and pass it along to your frieds it would be very much appreciated. Many blessings,
Holly from Treasured Perfections

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitneyRawks
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
The lotion for sleep I would name "dream catchers companion" or something of the sort since you'll sell dream catchers as well. I'm not a witch, but would be very interested in learning about becoming one!!
MaskedMomma
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Love that for a name!
kagegirl
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Every witch has his or her preferences when it comes to materials. I prefer tumbled stone for SOME rituals and raw for others. The same for candle magic. What I never seem to find is a decent rolled sage smudge stick that burns evenly and effectively. Pain!!! And ritual shells.

PhoenixV
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I like stones, divination supplies (variety), books, candles, oils, HERBS, altar supplies, etc.. it should smell good too for a store. I wouldn't buy any lotions, the name sounds OK. I like tumbled stones, but raw is required for some spells...
MaskedMomma
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM

thanks gals!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I buy all my Sage at powwows. Can't ask for better quality or price.

Quoting kagegirl:

Every witch has his or her preferences when it comes to materials. I prefer tumbled stone for SOME rituals and raw for others. The same for candle magic. What I never seem to find is a decent rolled sage smudge stick that burns evenly and effectively. Pain!!! And ritual shells.

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Do you want to LITERALLY pick their brains or just figuratively?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Sage grows prolific in the wild.
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Sell Comfrey. I can never find Comfrey and its incredibly useful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Those charcoal briquettes for burning incense and the resin incenses (not the stick), wands, juju bags, herbs, literature, I would also suggest a small bakery/coffee area and poetry readings to get customers aquainted with the shop. The coffee area would give it a hang out vibe (especially if you have some boardgames out) and the creative types (such as poets) usually have an interest in paganism/wicca.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)