Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you pay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
A friend to watch your child over night for 8 nights and drop them off at daycare? You pick your chil up every day from daycare, feed and bathe them and drop them off just in time for them to go to sleep so the person watching them doesn't have to do any of those things. What is a decent price for that?

I don't care if you wouldn't do that or if you're a SAHM who doesn't need a babysitter. That's not the question, before someone says it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I'd pay the price of gas to and from your house and the daycare plus maybe $10-$15 per night with the exception of free refrigerator/pantry rights to said friend.

I think that's more then fair.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

i would pay them about $200

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

For 8 straight nights and thats it? Like a one time deal? I would start the bidding at 100 bucks.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I wasn't clear, I'm sorry. I drop her off every night, she drops her off at daycare. I pick her up from daycare, do our nightly routine and take her to her house to sleep. The person doesn't come to my house.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I'd pay the price of gas to and from your house and the daycare plus maybe $10-$15 per night with the exception of free refrigerator/pantry rights to said friend.

YuppyMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
How many hours would they have your child.? Since going rate for a sitter is 10-15 an hour, but your dhild will be sleeping during much of it...I would figure 7 an hour to be fair... so let's say 8 nights at 8 hours per night -- roughly 400 dollars?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Yeah, just that one time for 8 nights. I was thinking the same thing.

Quoting brettsmomma:

For 8 straight nights and thats it? Like a one time deal? I would start the bidding at 100 bucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Next.

Quoting YuppyMom:

How many hours would they have your child.? Since going rate for a sitter is 10-15 an hour, but your dhild will be sleeping during much of it...I would figure 7 an hour to be fair... so let's say 8 nights at 8 hours per night -- roughly 400 dollars?
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Ohhh. Hmm...I don't know. If that were me I really wouldn't EXPECT to get paid a lot. Considering you're a friend and the child would be sleeping. Does your child wake up throughout the night or anything like that?

I'd still pay for gas and I'd talk my friend down as low as she'd go. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't clear, I'm sorry. I drop her off every night, she drops her off at daycare. I pick her up from daycare, do our nightly routine and take her to her house to sleep. The person doesn't come to my house.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

liss.n.chris

$200

QuirkyMom26

Lmao $400. trollolol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Next.

Quoting YuppyMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)