Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I buy him a Father's Day card?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm not sure what to do exactly. I'm not with my sons father, but this is going to be his first fathers' day. Do I make him a card "from Zander" and give it to him? Or just say forget it?

My son was a day old on mothers day and I was still in the hospital and I didn't get a card or anything.

In my family the husband/boyfriend/father gets the wife/girlfriend/mother something until the child is able to make there own card.

I'm not sure what to do.. Opinions?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

If he couldn't do squat for Mother's day from your son, why should you do anything for him?

PiscesMommy021
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
My kids are 4 and 5 yrs old. I am divorced from their dad, he didn't get me anything for mothers day and I didn't expect anything. But I did buy my kids some crayola paints and gave them construction paper and I helped them make fathers day cards for their dad. They didnt have to but I gave them the option. He was abusive to me in every way and still isn't nice to me much, but he's still their dad and he doesn't really spend time with them or call them but I always encourage a relationship with their dad for them. If they ask to call him, I dial the number and I hand them the phone. If they want to draw him a picture or make him something I let them and help them if needed and I mail it off for them(we recently moved)
kelly617
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM

If he didn't do anything for you on mother's day (the day after you had the baby) then no I wouldn't do anything for him on fathers day

Suzy_Sunshine
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Yes, you should give a card. Try to think of something good that he has done for your son and mention it in the card. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I say be the bigger person.  Go for it.  He is a new dad and may not have though about it, I don't know.  Two wrongs don't make it right.  Maybe you can show him how it should be done. :)

svolkov
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
This. Until he has a new so/wife that helps ds buy gifts then do it. I always take my son to buy stuff for father s day, bdays, and xmas

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Yes, you should give a card. Try to think of something good that he has done for your son and mention it in the card. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)