Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fifteen days late and negative preg test

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I am always always always on time for my period. Dh and I have been trying for six months to have a baby. He has a son but I havent ever had a baby.
I have been having tons of clear discharge so I took a preg test today. Negative. What could be wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM
You likely ovulated later this cycle, or this cycle will be annovulatory. Both are perfectly normal once in a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Stress or lack of ovation could cause a late period. Go see your ob for a blood test and if it comes back negative get some meds to jumpstart your period.
ruth85
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I had something similar happen when i was pregnant with my first...no discharge, but I was over 2 weeks late and pregnancy tests came up negative.

Go to your doctor and get checked out.  They will do a blood test that can detect smaller amounts of the hormone than the home pregnancy tests. Plus they can tell from an exam as well.  It turned out I was pregnant and my body just hadn't made enough of the hormone yet to get a positive on the test.

katieGrace
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I've had negative pregnancy tests and even went to a doctor and they told me i want pregnant. A week or two later i was peeing positive. My mom also would test negative early in get pregnancies. Sometimes it happens. Go to your obgyn and get a blood test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)