Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your view of people who speak partial languages.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I am not fluent in any language except english, but I do know a little bit of Italian and Spanish. I pick up on it i may not know exactly what the person is saying all the time but I can usually figure it out. Well when i get mad i will swear in Italian and the other day someone turned around and yelled at me btw they dont speak Italian so they dont know what i said. Well he told me if I am not 100% Italian and dont speak it fluently i shouldent speak it at all. My mom is 100% Italian and that is the only lifestyle I know since my dad's family isnt close at all. I am proud of my Italian roots and I shouldnt have to hide who I am. Anyway do you girls think it's true. If you dont speak a language fluently dont speak it at all?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

how can you learn it fluently if you dont practice it??!!  I am not fluent in Spanish but I know lots of words, its the damn grammar that trips me up or I would be fluent by now.  I would tell that person to shove it!  My daughters know how to count in Spanish, their alphabet, their colors, etc. because I taught it to them.  i dont need to be fluent to do that!

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I don't have an opinion....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)