Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so torn... *needing serious advice*

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 17 Replies
Before I post my problem I want to mention that I have always wanted to move out of state my first choice would be texas second would be tennessee. We found out the other day that dfs parents are moving to teneessee in a couple days to take care of my fils dad. Dfs grandpa lives alone in a 3 bdrm trailer and they are moving in with him. Df just told me today that hez thinking about going with them. Him and his mom would go to talahoma and train to be prison guards he would save up his money for a place for us and after awhile me and the kids would move down there. I flipped out i dont want to be apart from him and its such short notice and Im the one that takes care of my grandma. Then I calmed down. We were at my grandmas she said not to worry about her that someone would help her out when I eventually joined him (which wouldnt be for a long time) and really this could be our best chance to get out of here. I just dont want to be away from df for who knows how long. I dont know what to do or say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I say take the leap....never going to know unless you try ya know?

liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I don't know, my husband's military, so where he goes we go.  You've said you wanted to go to either Texas or Tennessee, now's your chance to go to TN.  How long would it take for you and your kids to move with him?

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
i know I just cant help but be worried about it. Ive never been away from df in the almost 6 years weve been together plus hes the only one working hed be quitting his job to go and Im worried about how Id pay my bills or whatever while Im still here unless I just end up moving in with my grandma but she doesnt have much room for me and the kids

Quoting Two_Hearts:

I say take the leap....never going to know unless you try ya know?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
That would depend on how long it took him to save up enough to get us a place to live and also to fix his truck which he would leave here because itd never make the trip in the condition its in.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

I don't know, my husband's military, so where he goes we go.  You've said you wanted to go to either Texas or Tennessee, now's your chance to go to TN.  How long would it take for you and your kids to move with him?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I wouldn't do it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Can you tell me why??

Quoting rgba:

I wouldn't do it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley1693
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM
That's how my dh and I moved from mi to fl. It was hard but it was also the best thing we've ever done. So I say go for. It will be tough but worth it. Good luck.
Suzy_Sunshine
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

is he your children's father?

metalmomma86
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
By him leaving, it doesn't sound like your situation would improve and would probably get worse for awhile.
You really need to think about all the pros and cons before you make a decision. How will you pay your bills until he gets a job and saves money? I mean how long are we talking? 3 months? 6? A year?
Seems like a long time to be supporting 2 households in.2 different states.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I wouldn't do it, personally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)