Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your not a good photographer...(Pics) Added pic from her Photo Shoots...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies

I love my SIL...but shes about to REALLY rip some people off. She wants to be a photographer...She has photos in her portfolio that cant be hers...Their like amazing quality...you can tell their a pro...kind of pics. Shes...not. I think all the pics are cute, because...i'm the adorable little girls mama...But the quality...and just the unprofessionalism of the photo is sucky.

Yes...This is my husband and daughter so i can post these photos and the last girl is my sister, and our mom gave me permisson to post the pic. 

I've priced cameras that photographers use...They arent cheap. She brags that she got a camera just as good as the pro's for $15 at the thrift store...Thats not a good camera! Thats what all these are taken with...

Shes offering $15 photoshoots tomarrow...and has appointments booked all week because *She said shes been doing this for 6 years now and took a break due to her son being born*

...6 years ago she was 14! You can't count the selfies you take in the mirror as photography experience!

Shes nervous about tomarrow and asked me multiple times for my opinion...My opinion? Long term goals are good for a person...and she should make this a long term goal...Or take some college classes on it. 

I'm not asking for opinions on the photos...I know they arent professional-like...And one mean thing about my kid and i'll go cafemom pyscho on yo ass. 

How do you tell someone who thinks shes the next big thing...Shes got a long ways to go? 

*Oh and obviously...These pics arent all recent. Shes been "practicing" on DD for months. The newest pic is the last pic of DD. Where her dad was had  bad luck with grey hair apparently...thanks to poor lighting choices.

She posted all the photos to her facebook page...but i only have permisson from this couple to post the photos so i'm only posting hers

Friend (is her kids) said its not what she wanted, or expected from the way SIL talked but shes happy that she was able to get family pics so she paid the $15 anyways. This is one of the better ones. 

Theres one picture where she caught the dads whole arm in the picture. If your gonna claim to be a photographer...You need to actually check that kind of stuff! 

Friend said shes not going back until SIL has alot more experience...and i don't blame her. Thats not pro. thats typical pics parents would take.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Bad pics.

allornone
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

She needs to keep practicing. What do people expect for $15?

.Milfshake.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

They're not the best nor are they worst I've seen, geez if she wants to become a professional photographer give her constructive cristicism and leave it at that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Quoting allornone:

She needs to keep practicing. What do people expect for $15?

Not much...Until she continues to tell them how much experience she has and show them photos that she couldn't have taken.

VannaMae307
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Are they really expecting much for $15?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Quoting .Milfshake.:

They're not the best nor are they worst I've seen, geez if she wants to become a professional photographer give her constructive cristicism and leave it at that.

I can't even take good selfies...I'm not one to give constructive criticism...Lol

I'm not trying to be mean to her...I just don't want her to have a bunch of unhappy customers and start her business off bad. She quit her job to do this. (Her husband works too, but she thinks this is going to cover half of all the bills they have)

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
6 moms liked this
Yikes. Tell her to spend some quality time in a photography class and then reevaluate. Also get a better camera. Those look like they're from a cell phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Well; depending on the brand of camera; she could have gotten a good one from a thriftshop. My camera retailed for $750 last year; I got it at a pawn shop for $100.

But that being said. I wouldn't even put her pictures in my kids photoalbums. The camera is obviously a problem. And she obviously needs help.

I don't know what I'd do; hopefully people will be upset by the photos and tell her? These people who booked appointments.. have they SEEN her work? Because I wouldn't pay $15 for that quality; I'd get a family member to do them for free. Maybe you could pay for a class for her to go to for her birthday or christmas. And encourage her to take a one day seminar on the basics.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I can take better with my phone. .

Just tell her its better to brush up with a class and be confident rather than be nervous and destroy a career option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Those are.... jeez were they taken on a cellphone??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)