Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My terrible confession....LITTLE BRATS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am SO SICK of catering to my little amazingly cute brats! I LOVE them to death, but they are so inconsiderate! I do my best to teach them respect, manners...the whole 9. But they are STILL terrible slobs. They see me clean up constantly after them. DO they care...NO! I've tried rewards to get them more excited about helping out, but they're just so LAZY. From now on, if they don't clean a mess THEY MADE, they will be punished in some way or another. No mater how big or small the mess is! I am FED UP! I am their mother NOT their maid, and they can't seem to understand that. Vent/Rant over!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM

HUGS, I hope you find a solution... even with six kids, it took me YEARS and I still have horrible days :(

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Have you tried the mommy hostage box? Wait, how old are they?

Sorry no, it's called the Ransom Box LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Today has been terrible! I finally have them napping now, but earlier I had to take a moment for myself and cry in my room for a few minutes.
Quoting JustBreath2013:

HUGS, I hope you find a solution... even with six kids, it took me YEARS and I still have horrible days :(

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Get yourself a glass of wine, and take ten minutes to yourself. Even that can calm the waves! :) Try to be happy and calm, they will only seem worse the more upset you I , trust me :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Today has been terrible! I finally have them napping now, but earlier I had to take a moment for myself and cry in my room for a few minutes.
Quoting JustBreath2013:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Thanks. And I know. Today they can really sense my frustration. Tonight when DH get's back from work, I am taking a nice little walk to calm myself up. It's just really frustrating. The only way I ever get time to just relax is when I neglect my motherly duties and just let everyone go wild and crazy for a little bit. Sometimes it's not worth the mess I have to clean up afterwards.
Quoting JustBreath2013:

Get yourself a glass of wine, and take ten minutes to yourself. Even that can calm the waves! :) Try to be happy and calm, they will only seem worse the more upset you I , trust me :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM

WELLLLLLL

Where in the world did they learn this behavior?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM
They have cousins around their age that act this way ALL the time. Their mother doesn't give a crap, and does absolutely NOTHING to try correcting their behavior!
Quoting Sassy762:

WELLLLLLL

Where in the world did they learn this behavior?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM
The 2 that I am most concerned about are 4 (Almost 5) and 6 (Almost 7). I was cleaning and cooking dinner for a family of 7 at 6 years old. I am trying to be more lenient with them (I WILL NOT force them to cook) But I see nothing wrong with them being responsible for cleaning their own messes that they know better than to make.
Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
What works for mine is "contriband" LOL. mine r 3 n 4 and what we do is that they r responsible for their things. If they dont clean up then i say "ill take care pf it" and whenever i clean. i take anything that's not my mess and put it in a place that they can't get to. then in order to get it back they need to A. keep what they have left taken care of and B. do something responsible to earn it back. (Help with something they don't usually need to or share something they r most protective of usually) i don't tell them when i will b cleaning their mess and i don't warn them. Every time they leave a room or go to bed they just make sure that everything is how they want it. We just started doing this about a month ago because they were really starting to get lazy. And it amazed me how fast they suddenly remembered how to clean! LOL. Hope this helps. good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

The 2 that I am most concerned about are 4 (Almost 5) and 6 (Almost 7). I was cleaning and cooking dinner for a family of 7 at 6 years old. I am trying to be more lenient with them (I WILL NOT force them to cook) But I see nothing wrong with them being responsible for cleaning their own messes that they know better than to make.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Icial
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Did I read that right? You have nine kids?:o

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured