Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why I don't buy anything from street vendors!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Every year, twice a month, my town does a HUGE Farmers Market. We do this even in winter. It has always been a big hit, and people around here love it. We have never had an issue with any person or their items they were selling.

Friday was the last day of the first of the two FM for this month. It was big hit, and we had hundreds of people come out to it. I personally never buy any of the fruits or veggies that are sold because a lot of the people that are in it now I don't know. I know some would say that its silly, but I'm just a cautious person, and with the way things and people are these days, can you really blame me? That, and I just don't buy anything from street vendors. Never have and never will.

I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who works at a hospital in the next town over. Apparently, there have been a lot of people in the last couple days that have been rushed to the hospital due to being so sick. When examined, the doctors on call discovered that in all the people that were sick, they all had one thing in common: they all had the same exact things wrong with them, and when blood was taken, they all had the same thing in the blood : poison!!!! She asked me if we had bought anything at the FM, and I told her no, and asked why she asked. She said that everyone is thinking that these people are getting sick from some fruit or veggies that some sicko poisoned at the FM and people bought them. Because there really isn't anything that cops can do, they haven't been notified ( there isn't any way to track who brought what with them or anything ). Thankfully, she said that it isn't enough poison to kill, just enough to make someone very sick.

I told her that I would call a lot of our other friends and let them know, and tell them if they felt any kind of odd, to go to the hospital. She said that she had called some of them, and that she was going to call her family next.

I just can't believe that someone would do something like this! I mean we have held this FM for YEARS! Hell I remember going to it as a small kid and not even being able to reach some of the stuff. It's only a matter of time now before the FM is either cancelled completely, or monitored so closely it will be like being under a microscope. Now, because of one idiot sicko, something that this town, along with a few others, loves, is in jeopardy. I just don't understand people anymore.......why would someone do this?! I mean little kids bought fruit and stuff!

* smh * I just don't know anymore......
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM

None of that is verifiable and all speculation.  I wouldn't repeat it if I were you.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I don't know. She was only able to tell me what she did because that's what she had heard from the doctors walking by, and one that told her if anyone came in with certain symptoms, to make sure to send them back ASAP.

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

What sort of poison?
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Unfortunately it happens in grocery stores too. I still remember the poisoned baby food story. Fucked up people, have no limitations.

Quoting Anonymous:

This was done on purpose by some sicko. This was not an accidental happening. It was fully intentional.

Quoting hautemama83:

Meh that could happen anywhere. Shitty of someone to do, but people get sick from shit they buy in grocery stores constantly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:47 PM

If people are poisoned the hospital will call the police and let the police decide what to do from here.  It's actually against the law for a healthcare professional to suspect a crime and not report it.  This is trolling.

Quote:

Because there really isn't anything that cops can do, they haven't been notified ( there isn't any way to track who brought what with them or anything ).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
The hospital found a real poison and didn't report it to the police...suuuuure
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
What state is this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

What were they poisoned with? 

How sick. I pray no one gets seriously harmed by it. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Do you know why products like asperin have the 'sealed for your protection' packets?  Because a Woman in Washington laced several boxes of pain reliever with cianide and placed them on store shelves. She did so to kill her husband, and make it look like something that happened at the plant, so she could collect life insurance and sue the pain reliever makers. 

Crazy people have been around forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM
It would be all over the news, it would also be shut down. Until the cops tested all the food. She didn't even provide the state. Why would you call friends before family? Lol trolling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM
It would be all over the news, it would also be shut down. Until the cops tested all the food. She didn't even provide the state. Why would you call friends before family? Lol trolling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)