Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why I don't buy anything from street vendors!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Every year, twice a month, my town does a HUGE Farmers Market. We do this even in winter. It has always been a big hit, and people around here love it. We have never had an issue with any person or their items they were selling.

Friday was the last day of the first of the two FM for this month. It was big hit, and we had hundreds of people come out to it. I personally never buy any of the fruits or veggies that are sold because a lot of the people that are in it now I don't know. I know some would say that its silly, but I'm just a cautious person, and with the way things and people are these days, can you really blame me? That, and I just don't buy anything from street vendors. Never have and never will.

I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who works at a hospital in the next town over. Apparently, there have been a lot of people in the last couple days that have been rushed to the hospital due to being so sick. When examined, the doctors on call discovered that in all the people that were sick, they all had one thing in common: they all had the same exact things wrong with them, and when blood was taken, they all had the same thing in the blood : poison!!!! She asked me if we had bought anything at the FM, and I told her no, and asked why she asked. She said that everyone is thinking that these people are getting sick from some fruit or veggies that some sicko poisoned at the FM and people bought them. Because there really isn't anything that cops can do, they haven't been notified ( there isn't any way to track who brought what with them or anything ). Thankfully, she said that it isn't enough poison to kill, just enough to make someone very sick.

I told her that I would call a lot of our other friends and let them know, and tell them if they felt any kind of odd, to go to the hospital. She said that she had called some of them, and that she was going to call her family next.

I just can't believe that someone would do something like this! I mean we have held this FM for YEARS! Hell I remember going to it as a small kid and not even being able to reach some of the stuff. It's only a matter of time now before the FM is either cancelled completely, or monitored so closely it will be like being under a microscope. Now, because of one idiot sicko, something that this town, along with a few others, loves, is in jeopardy. I just don't understand people anymore.......why would someone do this?! I mean little kids bought fruit and stuff!

* smh * I just don't know anymore......
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Replies (21-26):
fairyjester
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM

this  was exactly my thought

Quoting Anonymous:

If people are poisoned the hospital will call the police and let the police decide what to do from here.  It's actually against the law for a healthcare professional to suspect a crime and not report it.  This is trolling.

Quote:

Because there really isn't anything that cops can do, they haven't been notified ( there isn't any way to track who brought what with them or anything ).

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
This is one of the more creative troll posts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Gross. That is horrifying! I hope the culprit is traced and punished appropriately and everyone affected recovers.
SageAdvice
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Link to story? Because with something like this there would be a story and they would be warning the public be any means necessary- Media being the first avenue!

LINK or it's bullshit to scare people!

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
This would be horrible if it had actually happened.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)