Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The reality of becoming a husband .

Posted by   + Show Post
No matter what happens men have it easy.
They usually have mothers to cook , clean and do their laundry .
Ask them of they brushed their teeth . Bake for them and make dinner for him and his friends
now when he is married is wife will carry on those duties . So it's as if he never left home!
but when he meets the right wife she will have to teach him that husband and wife
Have to do their share! Smh!!! MEN!
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Lol my husband told me the other day that its not his job to take out the garbage, pick up his dirty socks, make his plate or anything in the house. That's my job. He has one.. lmao.

I blame myself because that was always my opinion... its my job as the wife. Buuuut I'm pregnant with baby 3 and this one is very hard on me... potty training my two yr old who is stubborn as heck... and trying desperately to keep up with everything when sometimes I can barely walk.lol

I know... hes a winner. /sarcasm/

Quoting ff-princess:

nah, my husband's momma raised him right, I only had to do a light refresher course. he does the dishes more often than I do.

Jadnorton
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM
My husband does the deep cleaning and the cooking without any prompting. Sorry you have a sorry hubby.
cnjsmith
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I hear what you're saying but I really actually enjoy taking care of him... I work full time as well but I do the majority of the cleaning, cooking, laundry etc. I love making his plates at dinner just the little small things that a lot of women nowadays won't do. I will do this till the day I die unless I feel it's expected rather than appreciated.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 boys and I teach them to do chores. My 9 y/o already loves to cook and I let him help me out. They both pick up after themselves, have vacuumed and washed dishes.
I'm not gonna raise a couple of useless lumps waiting to be served on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM

...Some men learn to be independent and fully self sufficient adults.

My husband left home at 18 when he joined the military. He served for six years before getting out and getting a civilian career. He learned to cook, clean, shop, budget, and be utterly self reliant. By the time he worked at his civilian career for a year, he was done with renting and bought his first home.

He never lived with a girlfriend or hired a housekeeper. He did it all himself.

When we met and married we chose what chores and yardwork we wanted to do and split everything pretty equally. I do more around the house now with our two children and he works full time in his career. I have never once felt like I was training my husband to actually BE a responsible person. I am pretty freaking blessed to have found an unmarried, childless, mature, responsible, self-sufficient  man and to have him as my love and mate for life.

I am sorry that more people can't find thier mates so easily.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I'm not going to coddle my future sons (if i have one) and only know one guy like that and he'll never marry bc he can't cut the cord and his mom won't let anyone take her place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Not really.  Don't go looking for husbands so young or immature that they're still living at home!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
My in-laws raised their son to be a competent adult. He doesn't need me to nag after him. (and we started dating in college)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Bullshit. There's nothing my DH can't do for himself. And he does. Most of the time he does for me too. So neener neener neener.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Eh...On the flip side my husband has to worry about financially supporting three kids and a wife and busts his ass 40 plus hours a week so I think I have it pretty easy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured