Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The reality of becoming a husband .

Posted by   + Show Post
No matter what happens men have it easy.
They usually have mothers to cook , clean and do their laundry .
Ask them of they brushed their teeth . Bake for them and make dinner for him and his friends
now when he is married is wife will carry on those duties . So it's as if he never left home!
but when he meets the right wife she will have to teach him that husband and wife
Have to do their share! Smh!!! MEN!
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM

You described my Xhusband.  Notice I said X. 

My current husband can do it all if he has to but he does have a maid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM
What you are describing is a boy. Not a man.
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM
My soon to be DH helps me. Mostly on weekends because he's not tired from work but he knows I need a break from my same old routine.
WildPowerMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My husband treated his mama right.  Now he treats me right.  =)

honihoni
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I'm not like that. I cook for him but not all the time. I tell him... you know what?! This time you make dinner and wash the dishes! Haha. Of course, I'm not yelling at him.  He knows I would do anything for him, but he also knows I'm not going to do everything all the time.  We both work full time and we both take part if all the chores around the house.  I try to help him out in the yard as much as I can and he knows this so there's times when he helps me out even he knows i don't need it. I like helping him in the yard because he does teach me some pretty interesting things! And it's fun spending time together like that. And after that, we have these what we call "ipod parties" where we sit out after a long hard day's at work and play all our fav songs.  We just talk about stupid stuff and relax.  I don't think that women have to do everything. To  me, that's crazy.  I guess that's why it never worked with anyone else haha! And i'm fine with that!

DJ619P
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
OMG ... If I had only realized just how much my husband's mom did and still does for him, I probably wouldn't have stayed.. I am not the same type of person she is and everyone (not just my husband) is constantly trying to make me her replacement... I am so sick of the mess it's created... He is capable and knows how to do most if not all of the things she did for him, he just expects me to do it cause she did.. Part of the problem of marrying to young (at least for me)
I am going to stop there cause I could go on ...
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

My husband cooks, cleans, does laundry, makes beds, does yard work, does home repairs, and so on.  My son also knows how to do all those things, as do I and my daughter. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

My husband's mother didn't do that for him when he was old enough to take care of himself and I don't do that for him now that we are married.

I married a MAN, not a BOY!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM
In some aspects he is an incredible df, in some aspects he is a childish little brat. They kind of outweigh each other...most of the time...
natraschelle
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Things were definitely hard for me when my DH when we first moved in together and got married. He pretty much acted like our place was his bachelor pad. Toilet seat left up every time, left refrigerated food out everywhere, dirty dishes on the floor couch and table, left his shoes and dirty clothes everywhere and asked me if I was doing laundry soon. Those were obviously the dark times of our relationship LOL Now, I have 2 kiddos and only every now and then do I consider him a kiddo as well haha He is way better at all and everything we had issues with before. He even lets me sleep in while he watches the kids and makes me breakfast in bed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN