Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dudes From Out Of The Woodwork All Of A Sudden

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I was never very popular in school, but that never bothered me much, it seriously didn't because I have Asperger's and I'm not all that social anyway because of it.  

Well, in the past couple months, I have had guys I went to school with suddenly interested in dating me!  I have been approached by four different ones.  

I am suspicious of this, and in the back of my mind, I feel that there may be some uterior motives.  Here is the situation.  

I have worked for a guy for the past, almost 7 years, whose career is taking off.  I use my personal Facebook page to do some promotional work for him, as it's part of the job.   I am kind of wondering if they have researched him, seen for themselves what's coming up (and I am under confidentiality agreements to where I can't even post EVERYTHING not cleared first.)  I wonder if they think perhaps that they think I am earning some sizeable bank.  The truth of the matter is, I am not and even if I was, I'd never reveal what I make. I get the bills paid...and that's pretty much it.  My kids are fed, and we have a roof over our heads which is all that matters to me. 

I also scratch my head at why four of them within a month or two of one another, who rarely ever spoke to me in school, let alone on Facebook, are suddenly coming out of the woodwork and laying the charm on thick.  

I of course said no to all of them, because I'm asexual and aromantic and therefore I'm simply not interested to begin with but I am curious and wonder if anyone else thinks my "they think I have money they can manipulate me out of" theory is right on.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Or what if your misinterpreting these so called advances... ? Also a possibility
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Quoting Supervane:

Or what if your misinterpreting these so called advances... ? Also a possibility

Let me put it to you this way: there's no way I would misinterpret these advances, they are pretty cut and dried.  Besides, why after over twenty years would they suddenly act like my long lost buddy? 

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Who knows but women misinterpret men all the time! Specially the ones who aren't use to the attention.

If it bothers you ignore them plain & simple no one gets hurt

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Supervane:

Let me put it to you this way: there's no way I would misinterpret these advances, they are pretty cut and dried.  Besides, why after over twenty years would they suddenly act like my long lost buddy? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM
area code?? I thought you got banned from this group?
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I don't know who your boss is, but maybe the guys think you can get them in with your boss.  Maybe they want to advance their own careers.  Them coming out of the woodwork could be not wanting whatever money they think you have, but thinking you can get them a career boost in some way.  Or, you are just one of those ladies that blossomed out of high school and they think you're hot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

area code?? I thought you got banned from this group?

Are you asking if my screen name is area code or asking what my area code is? Either way, I'm a silver member in good standing...I don't post on CM much and have been in this group now for quite some time now...I don't know how long it's been around but I've been in it at least two years.  And my screen name is not Area Code.  

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I would find that fishy as well. 

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:50 AM

you have children and are asexual?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 4:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Ha ha, I don't know about the blossoming out of high school part, since I am about 200 pounds heavier and I have to wear dentures because I got all my teeth knocked out in a car wreck twenty years ago when an air bag deployed in my face.  I am also prematurely gray and wear thick glasses....we're talking Coke bottle bottoms here. lol...but I digress. 

That may be true what you say about wanting a slice of the pie but if that is the case they will learn that I don't curry favors.  If I had a nickel for everyone who has tried that, I'd be able to buy that new house I've been wanting.  Truth of the matter is, I am too smart to let anyone use me like that if that's the case.  

One guy works at Wal-Mart, another one works as a security guard, and I don't know what the other two do.  I just know I went to school with them and they even picked on me because I was different.  Now all of a sudden they are like, "hey, let's go out on dates" type stuff and it's all about the same time. The timing is just WAY off. 

Quoting csxt99:

I don't know who your boss is, but maybe the guys think you can get them in with your boss.  Maybe they want to advance their own careers.  Them coming out of the woodwork could be not wanting whatever money they think you have, but thinking you can get them a career boost in some way.  Or, you are just one of those ladies that blossomed out of high school and they think you're hot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rfhsure:

you have children and are asexual?

I have raised my nephew since he was a few days old...he knows me as Mom but technically I am his aunt.  His mom was my sister and his dad was my brother-in-law.  They died when he was a few days old, killed by a drunk driver.  I took him because otherwise he would have ended up in the foster care system.  

Just so you know it's entirely possible and plausible for asexual people to have and raise children.  In my case I took in my orphaned nephew, but they can do test tube babies, surrogates,  or have sex for the specific purpose of procreation if they want childlren. It doesn't mean they like it. 

It is also possible for gay couples to raise children.  So a person's sexual orientation doesn't mean they can't have kids.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN