Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dudes From Out Of The Woodwork All Of A Sudden

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was never very popular in school, but that never bothered me much, it seriously didn't because I have Asperger's and I'm not all that social anyway because of it.  

Well, in the past couple months, I have had guys I went to school with suddenly interested in dating me!  I have been approached by four different ones.  

I am suspicious of this, and in the back of my mind, I feel that there may be some uterior motives.  Here is the situation.  

I have worked for a guy for the past, almost 7 years, whose career is taking off.  I use my personal Facebook page to do some promotional work for him, as it's part of the job.   I am kind of wondering if they have researched him, seen for themselves what's coming up (and I am under confidentiality agreements to where I can't even post EVERYTHING not cleared first.)  I wonder if they think perhaps that they think I am earning some sizeable bank.  The truth of the matter is, I am not and even if I was, I'd never reveal what I make. I get the bills paid...and that's pretty much it.  My kids are fed, and we have a roof over our heads which is all that matters to me. 

I also scratch my head at why four of them within a month or two of one another, who rarely ever spoke to me in school, let alone on Facebook, are suddenly coming out of the woodwork and laying the charm on thick.  

I of course said no to all of them, because I'm asexual and aromantic and therefore I'm simply not interested to begin with but I am curious and wonder if anyone else thinks my "they think I have money they can manipulate me out of" theory is right on.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Replies (11-17):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:15 AM
is there a chance that maybe you are just not used to the advances so it is not typical... Maybe they are interested. I wouldn't brush it off just yet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rfhsure:

you have children and are asexual?

I have raised my nephew since he was a few days old...he knows me as Mom but technically I am his aunt.  His mom was my sister and his dad was my brother-in-law.  They died when he was a few days old, killed by a drunk driver.  I took him because otherwise he would have ended up in the foster care system.  

Just so you know it's entirely possible and plausible for asexual people to have and raise children.  In my case I took in my orphaned nephew, but they can do test tube babies, surrogates,  or have sex for the specific purpose of procreation if they want childlren. It doesn't mean they like it. 

It is also possible for gay couples to raise children.  So a person's sexual orientation doesn't mean they can't have kids.  

My other son is a bit older...he was adopted, not blood related.  I brought him home when he was two weeks old, and he has health problems, and lives with me part time.  He's old enough to be on his own though.  

ArtisticBlossom
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:30 AM

That seems to be odd and i have had guys do the same and it was odd they did it as soon as they found out my ex left me while pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Maybe but here are the reasons I am leery. 

The timing is way off.  They have been on my Facebook for the past few years and while they would occasionally "like" stuff, never said two words to me until I started promoting the work a bit more then all of a sudden, it is, "hey, wanna meet me for a dinner date?" 

FOUR of them almost at the same time.  

Then, it's not just the timing, it's also guys who never gave me the tiem of day in school. They bullied me, made fun of me, called me four-eyes, and retard.  They friend requested me on Facebook and I took them because I know them.  I figure people mature and change too, but I do not forget ANYHING. I have a pretty photographic memory of stuff. (Aspie trait. lol.)  So the bullshit they put me through in high school is still fresh on my mind as if it happened yesterday.  

I think they actually think I make more money than I really do.  The boss is a successful business man but all I do is code his website for him, so it's not like it's a big time glamorous job or anything.  

I am willing to forgive the bullying but they're not going to get a lot of attention from me if they do have an ulterior motive.  No, I am not used to advances but of all the people they could advance upon, why me?  And why now? 

Quoting justpeachy71904:

is there a chance that maybe you are just not used to the advances so it is not typical... Maybe they are interested. I wouldn't brush it off just yet

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM
awWw people can be jerks.

Just unfriend them. Why would you want to have people like that on your page anyhow. Don't surround yourself with such negativity. Put positive in your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

The timing is way off.  They have been on my Facebook for the past few years and while they would occasionally "like" stuff, never said two words to me until I started promoting the work a bit more then all of a sudden, it is, "hey, wanna meet me for a dinner date?" 

Then, it's not just the timing, it's also guys who never gave me the tiem of day in school. They bullied me, made fun of me, called me four-eyes, and retard.  They friend requested me on Facebook and I took them because I know them.  I figure people mature and change too, but I do not forget ANYHING. I have a pretty photographic memory of stuff. (Aspie trait. lol.)  So the bullshit they put me through in high school is still fresh on my mind as if it happened yesterday.  

I think they actually think I make more money than I really do.  The boss is a successful business man but all I do is code his website for him, so it's not like it's a big time glamorous job or anything.  

I am willing to forgive the bullying but they're not going to get a lot of attention from me if they do have an ulterior motive.  No, I am not used to advances but of all the people they could advance upon, why me?  And why now? 

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I do, no worries there...once business picks up the boss will keep me too busy to deal much with Facebook anyway, or so he tells me.  I code his website but he also has me do other stuff for him here and there.  He has a regular personal assistant but there are some things she just refuses to do, that I did for him all the time.  (And she cannot spell worth a shit.) He has five other people in addition to me, each with a specific job because when things do pick up, there's no way I would be able to do what I did before: one person doing the work of six.  So he hired other people because it's going to get crazy hectic.  As it is, if one of the other employees gets down for the count or can't do something, I'm the fill-in as I've already gotten the experience doing everything else.  I was his sole employee for a long time. 

Being an aspie means I am a stickler for spelling and punctuation, and gettting things absolutely precise, so that's why he put me on web detail and web promotions.  I get the same paycheck I got when I did the work of six people so it's a good deal to me. 

Also being an aspie though means I get a bit overly stimulated when there are a lot of people around.  I have literal panic attacks.  I don't like being around lots of people and the job of PA requires that.  It requires me to travel once in a while too, and I don't mind that so long as I have an exit row.  Anyway, I won't be online much anyway in the near future unless it's an actual job-specific thing I am doing so it's all good.  The way I see it let Karma come back and bite 'em in the rear end, they always thought I was gonna be amount to nothing, because of what they perceived to be a disability and to me, it's a boon to what I do. (I learned html code practically overnight.) 

Quoting justpeachy71904:

awWw people can be jerks.

Just unfriend them. Why would you want to have people like that on your page anyhow. Don't surround yourself with such negativity. Put positive in your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting justpeachy71904:

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

lol where did I say anything about gay couples? Asexuality requires no sex whatsoever. So if you have biological children that wouldn't make much sense unless you became asexual after having them. Only reason I asked. No sex doesnt generally lead to children. carry on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rfhsure:

you have children and are asexual?

I have raised my nephew since he was a few days old...he knows me as Mom but technically I am his aunt.  His mom was my sister and his dad was my brother-in-law.  They died when he was a few days old, killed by a drunk driver.  I took him because otherwise he would have ended up in the foster care system.  

Just so you know it's entirely possible and plausible for asexual people to have and raise children.  In my case I took in my orphaned nephew, but they can do test tube babies, surrogates,  or have sex for the specific purpose of procreation if they want childlren. It doesn't mean they like it. 

It is also possible for gay couples to raise children.  So a person's sexual orientation doesn't mean they can't have kids.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)