Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No-poo help...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

So, I'm trying to find a no-poo method that I like....

But haven't found anything..

Can I just wash my hair with water, and have it just be that...without using baking soda or vinegar. And when it starts to smell, just rub a little tea tree oil in my hair. or do I have to wash it with something other than just water?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Whoa.

What?!?!
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I can bump but no advice. I tried for over a month. My hair just couldn't do it. Now I use an almost completely natural shampoo. I will keep shoppin' around until I find the one I like.

Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Yeah, I don't like the way the baking soda makes my hair feel...plus when I used it, a lot of my hair came out on my hands, it was weird. And then I got the apple cider vinegar in my eyes, even though they were closed...so...that wasn't fun at all.

Thanks for the bump.

Quoting redneckmama4:

I can bump but no advice. I tried for over a month. My hair just couldn't do it. Now I use an almost completely natural shampoo. I will keep shoppin' around until I find the one I like.

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

What?

Quoting Anonymous:

Whoa.

What?!?!

shadowkisses
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

your hair is falling out because it's drying out. Are you looking to save money or be all natural?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I don't like the way the baking soda makes my hair feel...plus when I used it, a lot of my hair came out on my hands, it was weird. And then I got the apple cider vinegar in my eyes, even though they were closed...so...that wasn't fun at all.

Thanks for the bump.

Quoting redneckmama4:

Bump!

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I don't think that will work. How long have you been doing it. My hair took a while to get used to the baking soda and felt rough for about a month or so. Now its the best its ever been. Also how much of each are you using.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Both.

Quoting shadowkisses:

your hair is falling out because it's drying out. Are you looking to save money or be all natural?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the bump.

Quoting redneckmama4:

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I wanna go poo free, but what happens when you have dandruff?!?!?!

Like the ONLY shampoo-conditioner I can use as of right now daily is head and shoulders and once a week the Walmart brand selsun blue
Kitschy
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Lots of people do just water. How long have you been doing it, how much baking soda do you use, have you tried honey?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

For about a week. I stopped washing it, and on day 3, It was pretty oily, so I used the baking soda and vinegar.

And now its been 4 days since then, and my hair isn't that oily right now. It doesn't even smell weird, it just smells like hair.

Quoting Hanab818:

I don't think that will work. How long have you been doing it. My hair took a while to get used to the baking soda and felt rough for about a month or so. Now its the best its ever been.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)