Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do fat people care that they are fat?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 129 Replies
I admit I have a few pounds (5-10) that come on and go off. But if it ever gets to be more than that I won't have it and I make adjustments to my diet and lifestyle.

I don't understand these people who are 200 lbs overweight and have to ride an electric scooter to shop at Walmart because they are so fat they can't walk. I realize it is politically incorrect but, WTF!? How do you let it get to that point!? Don't most people have a limit? A point where if they got that obese they would stage an intervention with themselves to get that weight OFF before they are physically handicapped by their obesity?

Then there are people who lose it and then gain it right back. My cousin lost 275 lbs with surgery and now is pregnant and gaining it all right back! Don't you remember how it was? I personally know several people like this and I just want to scream "Do you not realize you take up the whole queen size bed and your dh has to sleep on the couch (honestly the case with my friend's mom) or do you really not care?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

some do, some don't

MrsPeterkin
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Its deeper issues.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Yeah, I did care when I gained weight (after quitting smoking and 2 kids, I gained more weight than I care to admit). I lost 30 lbs, kept that off for about 3 years, now I'm ready to loose the last 10 lbs still bugging me.
I wouldn't let myself gain 100+ ever. I understand if there's a medical condition, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I think the same. Politically correct or not. Not about people that have extra weight, but ones that have gotten to the point where they can't function properly and have let themselves become a hardship on others. I think it is really unfair to others to let becoming extremely obese be an acceptable disability.
caito
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:01 PM
8 moms liked this

...ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Well I'm not 200 pounds overweight, but I am overweight. I haven't always been, I had two kids within 4 years and between them I didn't do much to prevent it. I'm not using my kids as an excuse, I know that my laziness caused the issue. I guess I just got to a point in my life where I was so busy with my dd, going to school and working full time plus hours each week that I just let myself slip into a bad pattern of eating badly and not exercising much besides the walking I did at work everyday. Again, not making excuses just explaining what happened to me personally. About 6 months ago I had routine blood work and my cholesterol was high. I decided that I needed to do something about my weight issue, not because I wanted to look better but because I wanted to feel better. I want and need to be healthy for many issues but most of all for my children. I made some changes to my life and within the past two and a half month I have lost 19 pounds. It's a start, and I fully intend on staying on track.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I often wonder the same thing. I think maybe there are often underlying psychological or emotional issues when someone lets themselves get to such an extreme weight but, that's just my opinion.
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM
9 moms liked this

I doubt she will gain 275lbs during pregnancy 

rjmac88
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
There's usually more to the story than a simple just change your eating habits. Medical (both physical and mental), some people don't care, anorexia and bulimia are not the only eating disorders! There are ones that take you the opposite way on the scale. There are a wide range of reasons. It is sometimes but not always as simple as they just don't care. And I don't think any one, especially a woman doesn't KNOW that she's overweight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM
6 moms liked this

Tolerence is a virtue.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)