Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mystery shopping/work from home

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone do mystery shopping or work from home? If so, coul you recommend some legitimate non-pyramid scam companies to me? I'd really appreciate it!

Follow me on Instagram @aaliyahsmom
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Bump it bump it bump it up.. 

paigea
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I like mystery shopping.   And I like talking about it.  I'm going to suggest a couple of companies to start with.  If there is a rule about mentioning companies on this forum I will appreciate being corrected.

Market Force has shops all across the country, that's why they are a good one to start with.

Corporate Research International

Best mark

You go to the companie's website and follow the instructions to sign up.  Once you go through the process a couple of times it gets easier.  You usually have to give your SSN and sometimes your banking information.  Use that list from the mystery shop forum or from the MSPA (mystery shoppers providers association) then you know you are on a reputable site. Many companies pay by paypal, and then don't need your banking information.

Use the search funcion on this forum to find some other threads mentioning mystery shopping.  There is one company who posts some jobs on the forum sometimes.

There is a mystery shopper forum that has a long list of companies at the bottom.  You can click on the companies name and find out what experienced shoppers say about that company.        www.mysteryshopforum.com

Many jobs pay 10.00 - 20.00 dollars.   Mystery shoppers sign up with MANY companies and select as many jobs as they can in one area to make a day's work.  Tomorrow, I've planned a day that will pay me $90 in fees plus $9.00 in groceries.  I'll also be reimbused for 2 fast food meals, but I don't count those as useful.  I have to drive 150 km round trip to do those jobs though,  so, I roughly consider the first $75.00 to be covering fifty cents per km of vehicle expenses.   Hopefully, I'll find some more jobs to add to my trip so my profit will increase for the day.

Today, I have to go to the grocery store anyway, and luckily there is a mystery shop that will pay me $10.00 plus reimburse $9.00 of groceries.  Since they had a hard time finding someone to do that job (I've been away), they were offering an extra $8.00.  So to me I'm earning $27.00 while doing my own shopping, and there are no added expenses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Bump
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I mystery shop.  I join companies that are members of Mystery Shopping Providers Association.  http://www.mysteryshop.org/.  The companies listed by paigea ^^ are members.  I do most of my work for Market Force and Mystery Shopper Services.  Market Force pays monthly, MSS pays 45 business days after the shop which feels like forever.

paigea
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM

There is no cost to sign up for mystery shopping.

The mystery shopping scam I've had asked me to deposit $2400 worth of cheques in my account.  Send money to someone through Western Union and keep the rest for my "fee" for observing the service at Western Union. 

Since that is nothing like real mystery shopping, I knew it was a scam and took the cheques to the police.

Quoting lamorena774:

Does anyone do mystery shopping or work from home? If so, coul you recommend some legitimate non-pyramid scam companies to me? I'd really appreciate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN