Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should people on PA be able to go on vacation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 567 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don't mean they just up and decided one day, "hey let's buy some plane tickets and go somewhere!" But i mean they've been saving a little money every month for a long time. Do they deserve it?

ETA: people keep asking how they have the money.

Let's say after all your bills are paid for the month you only have $50 left over. That's obviously not enough to buy food for a whole month so you get on food stamps. So once all the bills are paid and food is bought, where does that $50 go? Let's say it goes in a piggy bank and these people save $50 a month for a very long time and then realize they can go on a vacation. Should they?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
38 moms liked this

Who the fuck am I to say what a person deserves? LOL.... We go on three a year but we are not on PA, even if we were, I would take my kids home once a year. Sorry OP, but I do not sit around and worry whether Mr and Mrs Johnson are being assholes by saving 30.00 a month to visit family or whatever.... I hate posts like these, but I still feel obligated to come in and let people know that if they really care that much, they REALLY need to get a life!

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Really??  z Z z Z z Z z Z z

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Lol no no no, I promise I'm not that type of person! The thought popped into my head last night and i wanted to post it here because you know a lot of bitches on here are gonna be "Hell no, they need to use that money for food!"
Or some stupid shit like that. I just wanted to see how many actually think like that!

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Who the fuck am I to say what a person deserves? LOL.... We go on three a year but we are not on PA, even if we were, I would take my kids home once a year. Sorry OP, but I do not sit around and worry whether Mr and Mrs Johnson are being assholes by saving 30.00 a month to visit family or whatever.... I hate posts like these, but I still feel obligated to come in and let people know that if they really care that much, they REALLY need to get a life!

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I know, what is this post like a once a week thing? Who the fuck cares?

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Of course they do.
JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM

lol okay just checking, I mean people really should not care that much IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol no no no, I promise I'm not that type of person! The thought popped into my head last night and i wanted to post it here because you know a lot of bitches on here are gonna be "Hell no, they need to use that money for food!"
Or some stupid shit like that. I just wanted to see how many actually think like that!

Quoting JustBreath2013:

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Of course they do.
But you'll get told otherwise
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Thats how i feel too, but there are a bunch of lovely ladies on here that think people on PA don't deserve anything fun or good. Just wanted to see what the general consensous was :)

Quoting JustBreath2013:

lol okay just checking, I mean people really should not care that much IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JustBreath2013:

PhoenixV
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Yes. If I were on pa and busted my ass all year working, and somehow managed to save enough money to go then I would. I think though most of the people who need pa and are working wouldn't be able to though. Not that they shouldn't be allowed.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
8 moms liked this

Why would they need assistance if they have extra money to put aside for a luxury?  I know people who aren't on PA that can't afford a vacation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't mean they just up and decided one day, "hey let's buy some plane tickets and go somewhere!" But i mean they've been saving a little money every month for a long time. Do they deserve it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)