Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my husband shut that nurse right up *ETA FOR THE IGNORANT* *ETA 2*

Posted by   + Show Post

i had 2 c sections and were pregnant again going for a vbac home birth. i went to the hospital today cuz i thought i was going into pre term labor. the nurses look at me like i have 2 heads when i say im having a vbac. one nurse said she had been a nurse for quite a while im guessing about 10 years and its all been in the hospital. lord knows how many people shes seen in that time. anyways she brings up how 2 times in the whole time she had been a nurse she saw women with placenta ruptures which imo shows how uncommon it is but shes trying to scare me with it. the dr wouldn't even come in my room cuz i had seen him before and he gave me crap about it too. anyways as i was being discharged i went in the bathroom to get dressed and a nurse started talking to dh about how i should have a repeat c section and he flat out told her why she was wrong. he told her that i was tricked into the first one and weve done our research and we know this is whats best and he pretty much told her off for 5 minutes. i just love that i have him. i deal with so much rudeness over this choice and it really bugs me. i already suffer from bad depression which is directly from my second c section and i feel so alone in my choice but hes there for me. he researches it with me and hes so supportive, i couldn't ask for a better man.

no point to this post other than to brag on my awesome husband :)

ETA 

VBAC and the Risk of Uterine Rupture:

The greatest concern for women who have had a previous cesarean is the risk of uterine rupture during a vaginal birth. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), if you had a previous cesarean with a low transverse incision, the risk of uterine rupture in a vaginal delivery is .2 to 1.5%, which is approximately 1 chance in 5001.

Some studies have documented increased rates of uterine rupture in women who undergo labor induction or augmentation. You should discuss the possible complications associated with induction with your health care provider. Recently, ACOG stated that VBAC is safer than a repeat cesarean, and VBAC with more than one previous cesarean does not pose any increased risk.2

http://americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/vbac.html

this is getting alot more replies then i expected. this post was simply to talk about my husband who fully supportive of me. i do have a midwife for thos who asked. i will have a certified midwife, a midwife student, an rn, my husband who is an lpn, and my certified doula there. i wont be going through all of these negative replies. you think im stupid or wrong whatever thats your thoughts but i know this is whats best for me. ive been researching all this since 6 months before even getting pregnant. i researched my midwife before getting pregnant and i am being as safe as possible. my risks are much higher having major surgery than having a vbac. im doing it at home because none of the hospitals in the area are even supportive of vbacs. the hospital is 3 minutes up the road from my house if god forbid something happens. my midwife comes with medicines, iv supplies, and cpr kits for myself and the baby if theyre needed. 

i think im covering everything

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Replies (331-331):
SmtmsAlwys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Hmmmmm. Even if that midwife IS an RN? Many are, yanno.

Quoting Anonymous:

nope, we all do. if someone is looking for validation on an ignorant choice, she will find out, unfortunately,the hard way.  Others have advised to her about a home birth after 2 csec, most are nurses in the field.  I would listen to an RN before a midwife anyday.

Quoting autodidact:

Oh I thought only Frist diagnosed people over the Internet

Quoting Anonymous:

it's Dr Phil, if you don't mind.

Quoting autodidact:

Is that your professional diagnosis, Dr. Frist?

Quoting Anonymous:

you are both paranoid, get some help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)