Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you Scale Obsessed?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 50 Replies
How often do you weigh yourself?

I probably weigh myself at least five times a day and I know that's probably a little obsessive. I've lost 30 pounds within 4 months and it's almost like I'm afraid I'm going to gain it all back at once (crazy, I know).
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I stopped getting on the scale. I eat well and go to the gym 4-5x a week. I am in the best shape of my life and don't need the numbers on the scale to tell me that. I go by how my clothes fit and how I look.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Before the stress of my son's health, I was obessed where I weighed a few times a day. But I have been stress eating and havent dared to get on the scale in about 2 weeks. 

I need to get back into watching tihngs again. The fried chicken and dr peppers have been calling me. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Yes. I weigh twice a day every day. My weight can fluctuate 4-7 lbs in a day depending on what I'm eating, drinking, doing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I do the same thing as you. My so confiscated my scale and AAA batteries. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Once a day every morning before I eat but after the bathroom.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Dr. Pepper was one of my biggest weaknesses; I had such a hard time giving it up.

I hope your son is ok!

Quoting Anonymous:

Before the stress of my son's health, I was obessed where I weighed a few times a day. But I have been stress eating and havent dared to get on the scale in about 2 weeks. 

I need to get back into watching tihngs again. The fried chicken and dr peppers have been calling me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Every 4 weeks.. but I don't technically weigh myself, I get weighed at my prenatal appointments. When I'm not pregnant, I'd say maybe once a month or so I step on the scale. When I'm concerned about weight I go more by how I feel and how clothes fit than numbers, especially after my first baby. I got down my pre-pregnancy weight but I still looked and felt fat and nothing fit right, so I ditched the idea of getting to a specific weight.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Nope.  I weigh myself at the gym every Monday morning before I go swimming.  So, same clothes, same time of day, etc.  If I notice my pants seem a little too snug, I cut down on portions (I already don't eat sweets, drink soda or any sweetened beverage, or eat stuff like chips, and I spend an hour in the gym 5 days a week.

JustACatLady
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Once a week or every other week
freenuts
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I weight myself once a week, since having the twins my weight fluctuates like never before. Thankfully it's only 1-2lb fluctuation to deal with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)