Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you Scale Obsessed?

Posted by   + Show Post
How often do you weigh yourself?

I probably weigh myself at least five times a day and I know that's probably a little obsessive. I've lost 30 pounds within 4 months and it's almost like I'm afraid I'm going to gain it all back at once (crazy, I know).
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
TaylorBaby
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

i weigh myself twice a day. it's horrible. i have become obsessed with it.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Yeah, I think my husband is about ready to do the same!

Quoting Anonymous:

I do the same thing as you. My so confiscated my scale and AAA batteries. Lol

caterpilar
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I am a little scale obsessed. I weigh somewhere between 1-10 times a day. I know it's probably not healthy. I am 20lbs from my goal and I've hit yet another plateau. Grrrrr! I keep checking my weight hoping that I will magically be 1lb lighter. Lol.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I go to weight watchers once a week and get weighed there. I also do wii fit almost everyday and that weighs you as well. I do have a scale at home and will usally get on it once a week. So I guess I am a little bit. But I try my best to eat healthy and when I do eat junk food, take out, fast food ya know all the stuff that is bad for but tastes good, I try to do it in moderation.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I am 10 lbs from my goal and I think I hit a plateau too. It is driving me nuts because I've been busting my butt and working out even harder and it stays around the same number!

Quoting caterpilar:

I am a little scale obsessed. I weigh somewhere between 1-10 times a day. I know it's probably not healthy. I am 20lbs from my goal and I've hit yet another plateau. Grrrrr! I keep checking my weight hoping that I will magically be 1lb lighter. Lol.

caterpilar
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Same here. I workout 1-2.5 hours a day, 6 days a week and I eat clean. I'm stuck! It's so frustrating! I am seeing some changes in how my clothes fit and some muscle definition even though the scale is not moving so at least I know I'm still making progress.

Quoting taramac:

I am 10 lbs from my goal and I think I hit a plateau too. It is driving me nuts because I've been busting my butt and working out even harder and it stays around the same number!

Quoting caterpilar:

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Almost never.  Once in a great while when I go to the gym.  My cat peed on my scale and broke it.  I refuse to buy another one.

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Once a month, when I'm bloated. Then I go oooohh! My period is coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I weigh myself a couple times a week.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I don't even own a scale. I get weighed when I go to the doctor. When I stopped obsessing is when I started doing better in my diet and life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)