Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you Scale Obsessed?

Posted by   + Show Post
How often do you weigh yourself?

I probably weigh myself at least five times a day and I know that's probably a little obsessive. I've lost 30 pounds within 4 months and it's almost like I'm afraid I'm going to gain it all back at once (crazy, I know).
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
ccoyle4
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I was okay with my arms but hated my thighs. However, my dad took a very unflattering picture of me yesterday and now I hate everything. From my fat face to my arms, to my thighs. I'm disappointed. I felt so great about losing 10 pounds and now I'm discouraged that I looked so big in the picture.

Quoting cmeeso:

I'm in the same boat! I especially hate my arms. Ugh.

Quoting ccoyle4:

Yeah my old normal weight was 90 pounds. My current normal is 115....I don't like 115. Lol. I'd like to be 95, so I still have another 10 to lose.

Quoting cmeeso:

Me too.

Quoting ccoyle4:

I'm currently sotting at 105. If like to be back in the double digits.

Quoting cmeeso:

Whenever I see a scale, I weigh myself! I'm currently fluctuating from 103-106. Few more lbs to go!
cmeeso
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I'm the same. You probably look fine. Congrats on the weight loss! I've only lost 5 so far. Don't be so hard on yourself! I need to take my own advice :P

Quoting ccoyle4:

I was okay with my arms but hated my thighs. However, my dad took a very unflattering picture of me yesterday and now I hate everything. From my fat face to my arms, to my thighs. I'm disappointed. I felt so great about losing 10 pounds and now I'm discouraged that I looked so big in the picture.

Quoting cmeeso:

Quoting ccoyle4:

Yeah my old normal weight was 90 pounds. My current normal is 115....I don't like 115. Lol. I'd like to be 95, so I still have another 10 to lose.

Quoting cmeeso:

Me too.

Quoting ccoyle4:

Quoting cmeeso:

Whenever I see a scale, I weigh myself! I'm currently fluctuating from 103-106. Few more lbs to go!
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Yes. Once or twice a day.
Tiffony86
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I'm the exact same way. But mine is probably more like 2-3 times a day. I've lost 70 since November & I am terrified toget back to where I was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Yes. I was a recovered anorexic. Was being they key word. I was doing great and then started trying to have another baby. 2 miscarriages later I had to focus on something else and my old friend anorexia showed her ugly face. I really don't look unhealthy since I had put on so much weight, so no one but dh suspects anything. I can't help it. *shrugs* when I get insurance back, ill make an appointment with my psychiatrist and see if I can nip this in the bud again before I get as deep in as I was last time.

Quoting bdidktn2:

I'm sure this will sound very rude, but have you ever sought help? You sound like you are very unhealthy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I weigh a lot. Lol. For sure every morning. If the scale says I've gained more than a couple ounces, I reweigh. If it says I've lost, I do a happy dance and reweigh. Then ill weigh myself once I'm dressed, usually again on the scale at work after I eat, after I poop. If I don't poop I take a laxative and then weigh again when I get home from work around 11pm. It's a never ending cycle. I was stuck at 106.2 for like a week and this morning I was 105.4 and this evening 105 even. I'm hoping in the morning it says 104 something.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Rarely. Maybe once a month? Sometimes not even once

ccoyle4
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Lol. It's easier said then done. It really was just a very unflattering picture.

Quoting cmeeso:

I'm the same. You probably look fine. Congrats on the weight loss! I've only lost 5 so far. Don't be so hard on yourself! I need to take my own advice :P

Quoting ccoyle4:

Quoting cmeeso:

Quoting ccoyle4:

Quoting cmeeso:

Me too.

Quoting ccoyle4:

Quoting cmeeso:

bdidktn2
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I really hope you can get some help soon. This is scary stuff. I'm very sorry for your miscarriages.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Not at all. Usually only got weighed at the doctors office. Bought a scale after having my youngest at 27 and I've rarely stepped on it since I've had it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Yeah last time (looking back) was scary. I was down to 72 pounds and was literally bones. I'm hoping I can pull out of this before I get that deep into it again. But it's a slippery slope that's hard to gain footing.

Quoting bdidktn2:

I really hope you can get some help soon. This is scary stuff. I'm very sorry for your miscarriages.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN