Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deepest darkest secret and regret? Anon, if you must.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My biggest secret and biggest regret:
I had sex once with my cousin when we were teenagers, ended up pregnant, and had an abortion. I've never told anyone...not about being pregnant or having an abortion. Not even dh. It was right before we met. He thinks I've only ever been with him. This was 18 years ago.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I couldn't even tell anyone. I was 13. Then I met dh and he was so great. He got me through what he thought was the death of my cousin when I was really mourning the baby I could never tell anyone I aborted.

Quoting Anonymous:

its hard finding people that wont judge you. its been absolutely hard, we are still together but i resent him so much for not supporting me when he was the only one i had:( its so hard

Quoting Anonymous:

I can relate.

Quoting Anonymous:

having an abortion. that has stuck w me for years. i didnt want the abortion i wanted my baby but i had no support from nobody. everything just happened so fast and i was young.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Sorry. But that's hilarious.
Also, how long do u reckon you'll be able to get away with the dinner swap?

Quoting Anonymous:

I ate all my childrens Halloween candy and told them their aunt did it. I buy dinner at Boston market and then burn all the containers and hide the rest in the neighbors trash and let my family think I cooked it. I do it from different restaurants also. I can not cook!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

That I didn't go to Scotland when I could have when I was in my 20s.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I have a 16 yr old dd that was born on Valentine's Day. Her dad is raising her in Georgia. My parent's didn't know I was having sex, let alone pregnant. I got pregnant at 15, went to stay with my cousin telling my parents I needed to get out of the city because I was having thoughts of going back to using drugs and drinking. Had my dd, gave her to her dad and that was it. We are in contact, always have been, this year we've corresponded more and I have been very open and honest about why I wasn't a part of her life as in a hands on mom...she is the age now I was when I had her. Its my biggest regret, not that I have her, but that I didn't raise her and don't have her in my life constantly... Oh, and the whole reason I gave her to her dad and didn't try to fight my parents is because my parents came from a totally different time and age...my mom was born in the late 20's, my dad in the late 30's. In their minds white girls did NOT speak to blacks, let alone get 'romantically involved' and start families. My dad would have done who knows what...I didn't want to take any chances with anyone's lives
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

So far I've gotten away with it for 6 years. If they arehome all day they fix cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch and around dinner time I act sick and we go out to eat. Never to restaurantsI use to cheat with though. sometimesI will go on a big shopping spree and then freeze everything in new containers. He doesn't care what I spend on food and he doesn't know what things cost. Holidays are always at his families homes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. But that's hilarious.
Also, how long do u reckon you'll be able to get away with the dinner swap?

Quoting Anonymous:

I ate all my childrens Halloween candy and told them their aunt did it. I buy dinner at Boston market and then burn all the containers and hide the rest in the neighbors trash and let my family think I cooked it. I do it from different restaurants also. I can not cook!

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this

((Hugs)) you sound like a great mum, to do what you could for her :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 16 yr old dd that was born on Valentine's Day. Her dad is raising her in Georgia. My parent's didn't know I was having sex, let alone pregnant. I got pregnant at 15, went to stay with my cousin telling my parents I needed to get out of the city because I was having thoughts of going back to using drugs and drinking. Had my dd, gave her to her dad and that was it. We are in contact, always have been, this year we've corresponded more and I have been very open and honest about why I wasn't a part of her life as in a hands on mom...she is the age now I was when I had her. Its my biggest regret, not that I have her, but that I didn't raise her and don't have her in my life constantly... Oh, and the whole reason I gave her to her dad and didn't try to fight my parents is because my parents came from a totally different time and age...my mom was born in the late 20's, my dad in the late 30's. In their minds white girls did NOT speak to blacks, let alone get 'romantically involved' and start families. My dad would have done who knows what...I didn't want to take any chances with anyone's lives

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Do you have any kind of relationship with her now? Or just talk to your ex?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 16 yr old dd that was born on Valentine's Day. Her dad is raising her in Georgia. My parent's didn't know I was having sex, let alone pregnant. I got pregnant at 15, went to stay with my cousin telling my parents I needed to get out of the city because I was having thoughts of going back to using drugs and drinking. Had my dd, gave her to her dad and that was it. We are in contact, always have been, this year we've corresponded more and I have been very open and honest about why I wasn't a part of her life as in a hands on mom...she is the age now I was when I had her.

Its my biggest regret, not that I have her, but that I didn't raise her and don't have her in my life constantly...

Oh, and the whole reason I gave her to her dad and didn't try to fight my parents is because my parents came from a totally different time and age...my mom was born in the late 20's, my dad in the late 30's. In their minds white girls did NOT speak to blacks, let alone get 'romantically involved' and start families. My dad would have done who knows what...I didn't want to take any chances with anyone's lives

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I've always talked to her, gone to visit several times a year, send presents and cards
Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have any kind of relationship with her now? Or just talk to your ex?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 16 yr old dd that was born on Valentine's Day. Her dad is raising her in Georgia. My parent's didn't know I was having sex, let alone pregnant. I got pregnant at 15, went to stay with my cousin telling my parents I needed to get out of the city because I was having thoughts of going back to using drugs and drinking. Had my dd, gave her to her dad and that was it. We are in contact, always have been, this year we've corresponded more and I have been very open and honest about why I wasn't a part of her life as in a hands on mom...she is the age now I was when I had her.

Its my biggest regret, not that I have her, but that I didn't raise her and don't have her in my life constantly...

Oh, and the whole reason I gave her to her dad and didn't try to fight my parents is because my parents came from a totally different time and age...my mom was born in the late 20's, my dad in the late 30's. In their minds white girls did NOT speak to blacks, let alone get 'romantically involved' and start families. My dad would have done who knows what...I didn't want to take any chances with anyone's lives

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, its hard but I knew it was for the best.
Quoting CrossStitchMum:

((Hugs)) you sound like a great mum, to do what you could for her :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Acid
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Quoting Anonymous:

Secret : I shot the sheriff
Regret : I did not shoot the deputy

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)