Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deepest darkest secret and regret? Anon, if you must.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My biggest secret and biggest regret:
I had sex once with my cousin when we were teenagers, ended up pregnant, and had an abortion. I've never told anyone...not about being pregnant or having an abortion. Not even dh. It was right before we met. He thinks I've only ever been with him. This was 18 years ago.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I got pregnant with my second child at 17, and have him up for adoption.

My daughter was 14 months old when I found out I was pregnant. (Dd was a result of my moms "boyfriend" raping me multiple times)

I had moved in with dh. And we found out I was pregnant.

I knew I couldn't get an abortion. I just couldn't do it.

But we also knew we couldn't keep him. We couldn't afford to take care of him or give him what he deserved. It wouldn't be fair to deny him the life he deserve or take away from the life dd deserved just because we were acting selfish and not actually thinking about our children's futures.

We decided on adoption.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a sex addict. I started to realize I had a problem a few years ago. I can't keep a relationship because my sex drive is out of control. Every relationship has failed because of arguments over having too much sex, me thinking were not having enough sex, me cheating if my spouse can't have sex with me the exact moment I need it. It happens every time. I've even had sex with two married men which haunts me in my head every day. And one was my professor. I've tried to get help plenty of times. I tried to see a therapist but he was so attractive I couldn't focus on anything and I ended up having sex with him also. I don't know what else to do. I've lost most of my friends , family, jobs. I've been praying and so far it's been 2 months and things have been going great but every day I'm terrified that I will relapse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I used to not have an issue with her. There are many reasons but I'll give the most recent. She's 14yrs old and has babysat for her mothers side of the family for about 3yrs now from babies until they are about 7-8yrs old. I never wanted her to watch Dh and I's kids because she is purposely mean to them. Shoving her 3 and 4yr old brother and sister away when they try to hug her telling them she hates them. Anyhow. Last month I went to my mothers house for the day leaving our then 3 month old with Dh. I get back home hearing my baby screaming bloody murder. When I walk in Dh isn't home and Sd is sitting there on her cell texting her friends and my son is laying on the floor with poop oozing out of his diaper and a bloody red bottom because he hadn't been changed in HOURS. I called Dh flipping out. He apparently got called into work for an emergency and had Bm drop off Sd so she could watch the baby. NEVER AGAIN will that happen. What was her reaction? Oh, it's not my kid. NO SHIT SHERLOCK! But when you tell your father that you REALLY WANT TO watch the baby then do THIS SHIT? Dh said if he is ever watching the kids because I'm gone and gets called away he will take them to our normal babysitter.
Quoting nerdymom28:

Quoting Anonymous:

I secretly hate my Sd with a passion. Only my mom knows my true feelings. I'm an awesome actor when Dh brings her up or she is around. I'll let it eat at me from the inside but I'll never tell.

Can I ask why you hate her? Do you have a reason, or is it "just because"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM
So funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

So far I've gotten away with it for 6 years. If they arehome all day they fix cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch and around dinner time I act sick and we go out to eat. Never to restaurantsI use to cheat with though. sometimesI will go on a big shopping spree and then freeze everything in new containers. He doesn't care what I spend on food and he doesn't know what things cost. Holidays are always at his families homes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. But that's hilarious.
Also, how long do u reckon you'll be able to get away with the dinner swap?

Quoting Anonymous:

I ate all my childrens Halloween candy and told them their aunt did it. I buy dinner at Boston market and then burn all the containers and hide the rest in the neighbors trash and let my family think I cooked it. I do it from different restaurants also. I can not cook!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM
That's awesome. Just sad that its not more :( ya know...

Quoting Anonymous:

I've always talked to her, gone to visit several times a year, send presents and cards

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have any kind of relationship with her now? Or just talk to your ex?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a 16 yr old dd that was born on Valentine's Day. Her dad is raising her in Georgia. My parent's didn't know I was having sex, let alone pregnant. I got pregnant at 15, went to stay with my cousin telling my parents I needed to get out of the city because I was having thoughts of going back to using drugs and drinking. Had my dd, gave her to her dad and that was it. We are in contact, always have been, this year we've corresponded more and I have been very open and honest about why I wasn't a part of her life as in a hands on mom...she is the age now I was when I had her.

Its my biggest regret, not that I have her, but that I didn't raise her and don't have her in my life constantly...

Oh, and the whole reason I gave her to her dad and didn't try to fight my parents is because my parents came from a totally different time and age...my mom was born in the late 20's, my dad in the late 30's. In their minds white girls did NOT speak to blacks, let alone get 'romantically involved' and start families. My dad would have done who knows what...I didn't want to take any chances with anyone's lives

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I slept with my cousin too. I was 15 and he was 20. I feel like shit. I can't even look at him anymore. Its never come up in conversation or anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

One of our kids is not DH's. No one knows except me and my OB.

soon2bmomof2grs
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Um, I hit my daughters head on the computer desk when she was a week old. Felt like total crap, took her to doctor and she was fine. She is now 8months and doing good.

I really have nothing besides that. Never done drugs, don't really drink, never had crazy teenage years... Sorry I am pretty lame :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I know this makes me a horrible person but I was almost relieved when mine died. I was sad but relieved that no one would ever find out. I will never tell anyone (except here where no one knows me).

Quoting Anonymous:

I slept with my cousin too. I was 15 and he was 20. I feel like shit. I can't even look at him anymore. Its never come up in conversation or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)